Click here to see information about the people working in or with our camp this season.

April 24th: Twenty minutes before leaving for the airport to fly out west, I got my truck stuck in the middle of my front lawn. Don't ask why it was there, but it's there for the summer now. I should have hooked a garden hose up to it with a sprinkler in the back, so my neighbours would have thought it was there on purpose as a fountain or lawn decoration.

April 26th: I got my new company truck stuck on Max's front lawn in Prince George. Is this an omen of things to come?

April 27th: Apparently it WAS an omen. I got my truck stuck in the middle of nowhere while viewing blocks, at about 1pm Sunday afternoon. We finally got rescued and made it back into town at about 1am on Tuesday morning. This goes to show the value of having a set of safety procedures in place - people from the office were looking for me all day Monday when I didn't return by a certain time on Monday morning. Unfortunately, they didn't realize that there were any blocks down the road I was stuck on, so it took them a lot longer than expected to find me. Luckily, I had some company (and some books) for the wait. From now on, however, I'm carrying the satellite phone in my truck - I had only signed out a cell phone and I was far, far outside of cell phone range. The wait wasn't too bad though ... I got some work done on the laptop, and got lots of rest after I realized that I couldn't dig the truck out. The only drawback was that we had to leave my stuck truck behind since we couldn't pull it out.

April 30th: We had our first major camp meeting at a hotel banquet room in Prince George, to meet the new employees and go over safety procedures and other startup information. We'll be setting up camp tomorrow, and starting work the day after.

May 4th: The weather in the mountains south of Vanderhoof, which is where we are working for our first contract, is very cold. We had a high of minus one degree Celcius today, and light snow flurries the entire day. All the pipes and hoses in camp froze, so we had no hot water. Of course, the weather changes quite quickly out here, so we could have sunburns tomorrow.

May 5th: There is a creek beside our camp that is overflowing with some pretty big (12-14 inch) rainbow trout. There is a tree really close to camp where five bald eagles hang out, and they swoop up and down the creek all day catching fish.

May 6th: I finally managed to extract my truck from the mud after NINE days! That is definitely a record for me.

May 7th: Day off for the planters. Scirolli got two flat tires on the Kluskus logging road. That is the worst road I have ever driven on for causing flat tires. When we worked on it several years ago, we had over a dozen flats on one contract. I think there must be some sort of sharp rock used for gravelling it that causes all the problems.

May 8th: We had our first vehicle accident of the year, when a truck backed into another truck in camp. Luckily it happened with a personal vehicle. Hopefully we won't have any more, although I doubt we'd be that lucky. Interest in watching hockey games on the satellite dish may slack off a bit now that Vancouver has been eliminated.

May 9th: Hot and sunny today, with a high of plus 21. Like I said, the weather can change pretty quickly. We had several bears on one of the blocks today, although Carmen was excited because she thought they were horses. Perhaps we need to get glasses for Carmen.

May 10th: Sometimes I see things around me that just puzzle me. I was picking someone up at the airport today, and noticed that the stalls in the men's washroom have signs asking the users not to flush sanitary napkins. Strange.

May 11th: Brent Stewart and Greg Mancuso arrived today. Not counting Tim's crew, which doesn't start working with us until June, we now have at least fifteen people in this camp (out of forty-five) with five or more years of experience. One of the planters also threw what they thought was an extinguished cigarette butt into a garbage box, rather than stamping it out and leaving it on the block as litter. Unfortunately, it wasn't fully extinguished, so we had a small fire shortly afterwards. Luckily, the block didn't catch on fire too. We warn planters about smoking all the time, but they don't always seem to realize the dangers, even early in the year when the weather is so cold. I think this event opened a lot of peoples' eyes about the dangers of smoking outside of the trucks.

May 13th: Well, Tower just came back from another adventure. He was hauling our full water barrels around on his flat-deck, and due to insecure strapping (these new flatdecks did not come with strapping, for some strange reason), the water barrels broke through the back end of the truck's home-built 2x4' walls, and landed in the road. Of course, Murphy's law came into play: it happened right in front of the scale-house in Prince George, so he ended up getting a ticket from scale-house Department of Transportation officials.

May 15th: Kurt showed up at breakfast with a new machine to help us get into some of our hard-access blocks: the "Argo". It's a six-wheeled amphibious cart with a roof rack that holds up to two dozen boxes of trees. We have a set of tracks installed over the wheels right now, so it goes just about anywhere. The only drawback is that machines like this break down quite frequently, so we're holding our breath to see if it holds up until the end of the shift. On the drive to work though, Paul's crew got both of their trucks hopelessly stuck in the middle of the road on the way to the blocks. My winch cable broke almost immediately, but Kurt saved the day. After four hours of jacking up each truck, then pulling with his winch and a block and tackle, then repeating the process over and over, he eventually managed to get both trucks free. Once again, using a pulley along with the winch is the only way to go.

May 16th: It's amazing what a person will eat out here. Tree planting burns so much energy and makes people so hungry that it's very rare they won't eat what's put in front of them (although we have an amazing cook this year, so there are definitely no worries about the quality or quantity of meals). For instance, today I was starving just before supper, so I had a triple decker sandwich with cheese whiz, honey mustard, and green olives, and thought it was one of the best things I'd ever eaten. Shelley had cucumber and red pepper sandwiches for lunch, and Duncan had peanut butter and dill pickle sandwiches. The possible combinations are almost endless with all the variety of foods that Sarah puts out for our lunch table each morning.

May 17th: We were burning a few boxes at supper when we heard a vehicle pulling into the camp, and I was a little nervous to see a Conservation Officer appear (despite having an official burning exemption). However, he took a quick look at the fire gear by the fire and didn't seem too concerned (the rain probably helped too). His name was Murray Booth, and he did a tour of the camp to assess our potential danger for attracting bears. He checked to ensure that we had "bear aware" information on our bulletin board, asked if planters had watched the "bear aware" video (we all had), inspected the kitchen and cooler and dish pit, asked about our policies on planters bringing food to their personal tents (not permitted), checked to make sure that our garbage was in a secure area and dumped regularly, and discussed the storage of dog food (he recommended that all dog food be stored in sealed tupperwear containers). In the end, he thought that we had a really good setup, so there were no problems. I've only seen a couple bears so far this year, which is quite unusual.

May 18th: The Argo broke down today, and had to be towed out of the block with the quads. Once again, the quads appear to be the best machines for the industry. I'm hoping we can get the Argo up and running again though, since it looks like it can be a very useful machine out here.

May 19th: Our first rookie of the summer quit today, but thirteen remain.

May 20th: Our camp planted its millionth tree of the season today.

May 21st: After commenting on the lack of bears a few days ago, I saw thirteen today. Things are starting to fall apart ... in the last 48 hours, the Argo has broken down (a second time), we've had two quads down (one with a broken frame, and one which simply failed to start), one of our trailers has a broken spring weld (which attaches the axle to the trailer), and I can't risk starting my supervisor's truck right now because there is water in the fuel filter. I'm getting a proper size hex key tonight, so I should be able to drain the filter and get the truck on the road again. The problem started last night, right after I filled up at the Esso cardlock in Vanderhoof, so I hope my entire 450 litre diesel tank isn't contaminated too. I can't risk filling any of the other trucks in camp from it right now though, until I find out. Besides the equipment problems, everyone is slightly stressed because we're trying to finish the contract within the next 48 hours, and as of this morning, we still had 17 different blocks to plant, spread out over an area about 150 kilometres long.

May 23rd: A crew in one of our other camps came back to their vehicle at supper, to find a bear IN it. I guess it pays to close the doors on the trucks while you're out planting on the block.

May 24th: Well, we lost our second rookie of the summer today. She got a phone call with a marriage proposal, so she quit and jumped on a bus a few minutes later. So random. Surprisingly, the pair that we've lost so far were two of our top rookies, since they were both making almost $150 a day already.

Click HERE to see pictures from May of 2003.

May 25th: My winch got stolen last night off the front of my supervisor's truck. It was pretty frustrating, especially since we went to a lot of effort yesterday getting a new extra thick cable put onto it. Prince George is a notorious place for getting stuff stolen. Sleeping in the vehicle to guard it doesn't even help all the time - we had a case a few years ago of people trying to steal a vehicle while a planter was in it, sleeping, and the same thing happened to me with my personal truck in Saskatchewan three years ago. I had my quad well secured in the back of the truck last night with some heavy chains and locks, and I was still pretty lucky that it wasn't stolen too.

May 26th: This was the startup day at Weldwood of Canada outside of Hinton, Alberta. We also had our first major first aid incident of the summer, when the pilot light blew out on one of the grills in the cook trailer, and a subsequent accumulation of propane exploded, burning off some of the cook's hair and melting the front of her fleece. Luckily, she wasn't seriously hurt, but it certainly scared her.

May 27th: Today was our first full day of planting at Weldwood. The planters are keen to finally start working hard, now that most of them have lost ten to twenty pounds and are in good shape again. We have about two million trees to plant here.

May 30th: Today is our second payday of the summer, and the first full bi-weekly cheque for most of the crew. With a day off tomorrow, I'm scared to think of the hangovers that some of them will have. It's so nice to get paid in full, every two weeks. Many companies still only provide small weekly advances all summer, and pay the planters in the fall, even though that practice is now illegal in British Columbia. The amount of paperwork involved is enormous in trying to pay everyone that quickly, especially since we sometimes have to pay the employees (for blocks that they worked on) before a contract is even over, but it's really appreciated by the planters.

June 1st: One of our foremen, Byron Dohms, took advantage of the day off to drive to Edmonton and propose to his girlfriend. The mission was successful! Congratulations to Andrea and Byron!

June 2nd: The assistant cook had to be taken into the hospital in the middle of the night with appendicitis.

June 4th: One of the supervisors of one of our other camps apparently found some "suspicious" bags of vegetation on the side of a block in the middle of nowhere a few days ago. He opened them, and brought back a tiny bit to the office to see if anyone knew what it was. It turns out that when he drove away, he left behind two FULL large garbage bags of cultivated marijuana on the side of the road!

June 7th: A bear has been terrorizing our camp occasionally for the last couple weeks while there has been nobody around during the day, and ripped apart one of the planter's tents today. The conservation officers came out and put up a trap for it, but they weren't particularly polite or helpful. I'd much rather have them deal with it though, than have to shoot the animal ourselves. The camp planted its two millionth tree of the season today.

June 9th: We started doing some helicopter work again today, but as luck would have it, the weather was not particularly good. Most of the blocks worked out well eventually, but the fog was so bad on Barrett's block up at the north end of the contract that the chopper couldn't fly into it until 3pm! The group was well rested by that time (having arrived at 8am), and they managed to get it done anyway, although a bit later than expected. On our end of the operations, the most exciting event of the day was at one point in the afternoon when the chopper was grounded at staging for an hour or so, and a herd of free-range horses came to check it out up close, making the pilot somewhat nervous.

June 10th: More chopper work today. We had a lot of blocks to do this time, almost a dozen, so the entire camp had to fly. We ended up taking on one additional block in mid-afternoon that I hadn't initially intended to plant, since Paul said his crew was almost out of ground, but that turned out to be a mistake in some ways. We didn't end up finishing planting until almost 8:30pm, and after that we still had to fly some people and garbage out, so it was a pretty late day. However, we did completely finish up the flying area, which I hadn't expected, which made things less painful since nobody would have to go in as a cleanup crew the following day. The guys that we were flying with, from Alpine Helicopters in Hinton, were just great to work with.

June 11th: We had a late breakfast, since the previous day was so long, and since it was the last day of the shift anyway. There is a Loki (Brinkman) camp right beside us, and they invited us for "night off" festivities in their camp tonight since our work schedule coincides right now. Perhaps the invitation arose due to the fact that several members of my camp streaked their camp the other night, wearing nothing but planting bags, boots, and a smile.

June 13th: Colin Werdon accidentally got left in town on the night before the day off, and walked back to camp. We're camped about 33km outside of town, so it took him until breakfast to make it back.

June 17th: I got a stick impaled into my leg today. That's not an uncommon event for people who work in shorts out here - I just mention it because nothing else very exciting happened today.

June 18th: Earlier this season we had an incident where a cigarette butt started a box fire on a block. We just heard that Summit Reforestation started a forest fire (unconfirmed rumour says that a cigarette started it) accidentally in Burns Lake, burning the block that they had planted and another couple dozen hectares of uncut timber. That's going to be a very expensive accident for them. Bugbusters started a fire about a decade or so ago and it has taken them years to live down the reputation (and settle the court case).

June 19th: One of the girls had to be emergency evacuated to the hospital early this morning, after losing consciousness on the block. It was probably a combination of dehydration and general exhaustion. The forecast is for ninety millimetres of rain in the next three days. It looks like it's going to be a very tough shift.

June 20th: We had to dismiss one of the planters today who got caught exceeding the speed limit in the Weldwood FMA licensee area.

June 21st: The first day of summer was cold and wet and overcast. At one point, we thought it was going to snow. However, we had an interesting field day with a couple of the planters and some of the Junior Forest Wardens from Hinton, who helped us plant a few thousand trees. Click here to see pictures from that day. Another milestone .... we planted our three millionth tree of the season today.

June 25th: The number of vehicle accidents out here this year is staggering. Blue Collar had a tragic accident while some planters were drinking on a night off, when a couple people accidentally drove a truck into a lake, causing a fatality. Silvaram had an accident with a vehicle that flipped near Mackenzie. Another company was rumoured to have had another fatality in a quad-related incident. I don't mean to single out or imply that any of these companies are more unsafe than any others, and I'm sure there have been lots of other accidents with other companies that I haven't heard about yet. Folklore also had a truck (in a different camp) that flipped this year while going around a corner on a logging road. Some of the major problems that appear to be industry-wide are that inexperienced drivers often get behind the wheel (our company now insists on a specific designated driver for each vehicle), or that people often drive too fast for road conditions. What's worse is that many planters either don't bother to wear seatbelts, or feel uncomfortable telling the driver of the vehicle that they are in to slow down. My advice to planters in that kind of a situation is to speak up immediately and make sure others use common sense - it's your life that's on the line.

Click HERE to see pictures from June of 2003.

June 29th: I caught four mice running around my trailer tonight. And by "caught," I mean smacked with a boot.

June 30th: We're working at Mostowich now, and had a tough, slow start to the contract today. The quality controls on "leaning trees," even with pine trees (which are naturally very floppy seedlings), are extremely stringent. This is one of the only contracts that we work on where we don't get full payment on almost every block that we do. We've always emphasized high quality, so it is pretty demoralizing for the crew to be told that their trees are suddenly unacceptable because of something like a 20% lean on their pine trees. On a positive note, we're allowed to dispose of empty boxes by incinerating them at the beehive burner, rather than causing a landfill problem at the Fox Creek dump, which is much easier on us for logistics.

July 1st: The quality standards (on the leaning trees) are driving people crazy. Most of the camp went into town tonight for free hamburgers at the Canada Day celebrations. I hope they come back. I also hope that Fox Creek has a lot of hamburgers.

July 2nd: The stick from June 17th finally infected itself enough to pop out of my leg today.

July 3rd: Shelley had a lynx walking around her piece for a while this afternoon. Seeing wild cats on the blocks is very uncommon.

July 5th: Today is a day off after a full shift. There wasn't much drinking or partying last night. As the poem goes, "There was no joy in Mudville." The foremen and support staff are all busy today trying to catch up on garbage and plotting, as usual.

July 6th: The planters are starting to catch the hang of planting superbly straight trees quickly. Our daily production is almost back up to normal levels.

July 9th: The camp planted its four millionth tree of the summer today. We're hoping we can get one million more in before we run out of work around August 5th. Five million trees for one camp in one summer (especially for a single camp of our size averaging only about 40 planters) is almost unheard of. It's too bad that planting work typically isn't easy to come by in the late summer, because I have a couple dozen people who want more work for the first several weeks of August.

July 11th: What a strange way to end a contract. We did some fill planting on a block that looked familiar. It turns out that the block was not conducive for the regeneration of trees. It was originally planted in 1997 by a crew in Wes Olmstead's camp from our company, then in 1998 by my own crew, then in 2001 by Jonas' crew, and again today by Byron's crew. I hope things go better with the new trees this year, since Mostowich is using stock from a different nursery this year.

Click HERE to see pictures from early July of 2003.

July 13th: Disaster struck. While setting up camp, I towed my camper trailer (the one that I live in and use as an office) into the landing, and the wheel got caught in a hole that was hidden in the grass. When I was pulling it out, it caught on a stump and bent the axle and destroyed the wheel. It's going to take a major miracle to get it mobile again. I may just have to cut it up into pieces and take it to the dump at the end of the contract.

July 14th: Today was Tower's turn for disaster. He had a flat tire, and then when driving home, Brent got forced into the ditch by an oil truck, and as it was pulling him out the spare blew too. To top it off, earlier in the day he was turning his other truck around on dry road in front of fifty people at the pre-work, and the transmission died. We got his truck towed to town tonight after some major difficulties.

July 15th: This contract is not going well. Calahoo Meats is supposed to be delivering our food order tomorrow morning, but I got a message saying that they suddenly had to change the delivery time to "sometime between 5:30pm and 8:30pm" and the cook was supposed to meet the delivery truck out on the highway. It's going to be hard for her to do that while she's serving supper. I've never heard of anything so ridiculous ... if they were delivering to a restaurant, the restaurant wouldn't accept a food delivery at a meal time. What's worse is that we don't have enough food right now for tommorrow's dinner unless the order comes.

July 16th: I'm really disappointed with Calahoo's customer service now. I ended up driving almost 300 km to Fox Creek last night because it had the only grocery store in the region that was open after 9pm, so I didn't get back to camp with the food until 3am. At least people had something to eat for supper tonight. As I write this it is now 9pm, and we still haven't heard from Calahoo or had our food order show up, despite the fact that I've left about fifteen (not kidding) messages on their driver's cell phone today. I will definitely not be ordering from them ever again.

July 17th: Chapter three of the Calahoo saga: the order, rather than showing up at supper last night, showed up just before midnight. Scirolli had been out waiting on the highway for the truck since about 6pm, so he was pretty pissed off. To top it off, he had taken one of the open-back pickups since it was the only truck not involved in heli-work at the time, and the order didn't fit in it. The Calahoo truck took half of the food back to Swan Hills, to be picked up in the morning.

July 18th: Great news: Nigel managed to remove the trashed axle from my trailer, and Jim got it fixed in town. The trailer lives on!

July 19th: One of our foremen, Paul, has been having a bit of difficulty this week with the quality standards, so his crew has been planting slower than normal. He's got the problems under control now, and wants to make sure that Millar Western knows that his crew is doing a good job. Unfortunately, when the forester in charge of the project showed up today, he visited every block except Paul's. Murphy's law strikes again!

July 20th: This was the last day of work at Millar Western. We had to put in a pretty hard day to get things done, so we didn't finish planting until 8pm. We decided to break camp the next morning, when the weather was better. Breaking camp in the dark would have been a disaster. Byron's crew had to leave in the middle of the night however, to go help Trent's camp out with the Sun Pine contract which is just about to start.

July 22nd: We just did a single day of work at Alberta Newsprint, to help out Nathan, who's a little bit behind schedule. We ended up planting the burn piles on a bunch of blocks that we originally planted back in 1999, which was kind of interesting. It was strange for some of the planters to be working in their old areas again, but nice to see that the trees on the block were doing so well. Ironically, during the pre-work conference, Tower's other truck died. Again, the truck was being turned around just as the pre-work was about to begin, and again, it was the transmission that stopped working. Last time it was the transmission pump that failed, but this time there was fluid all over the road, so maybe a hose just broke.

July 23rd: We got the dead truck back (and it was just a broken hose), then went to Hinton for a three-hour wrap-up meeting with Weldwood. That went fairly well, although there are a lot of little things that we want to improve on for next year. Time to head back to Prince George for a day, and then we're going to Fort St. James for about ten days for what is probably our last contract of the year.

Click HERE to see pictures from late July of 2003.

July 25th: Today we were planning to meet for 8am to leave for the Fort St. James contract setup. Of course, we weren't optimistic that everyone would show up on time, but most of them did. However, by 9:30am, all the planters were getting pretty restless waiting outside, while we waited for Jim, the project manager, to get off the phone so we could leave. His excuse for being late was, "trying to organize planters at this time of year is like trying to round up a pack of rabid dogs - I planned for them to be late." Well, the rabid dogs were the ones who were ready first this time.

July 26th: Heather got chased by a bear today. There are so many raspberries on our blocks that I'm not sure why a bear would even notice a planter nearby.

July 27th: The planters are not used to tough, green, British Columbia planting. It's the same thing every year - they get used to fast ground in Alberta, and when they get to BC, they just crash and burn. We should have gotten Trent's camp to do this contract. They are used to tough green planting in the Herrick Valley, and they'd probably find this stuff very easy. Several of the experienced planters don't mind the ground, but the ones who haven't done contracts like this before are doing pretty poorly.

July 29th: Every year when I come out now, I think that I'm not going to see anything new that I haven't seen before. And every week, I prove myself wrong. Today was a good example. We use safety chains on the trailers, or "breakaway" chains, so that if the trailer comes off the hitch, it remains attached to the vehicle. The problem, however, is that the chains are long enough that they often drag on the ground after they are attached, which wears them out when driving on the highways, so we often need to loop them around and over to effectively shorten the lengths. Anyway, I learned a new trick today - by twisting the chain around, it shortens it up considerably.

July 30th: We're getting on to some better ground now, so the production is starting to come up.

July 31st: We had a lightning storm pass over camp this evening, and about 20 minutes later, we saw a large amount of smoke starting to rise from somewhere just up the road from camp. Several of us grabbed fire tools and jumped in the trucks to investigate, not really expecting to find anything too serious. However, we changed our minds pretty quickly as we were driving up the road! We got to the fire, just six kilometres from camp, and it was probably covering an area of three to five hectares. We called it in on the satellite phone, and started to fight some of the small hot spots that were starting up across the road, a couple hundred metres from the main fire. Pretty soon, there were helicopters and spotter planes overhead, and Canfor and the Ministry of Forests showed up. We spent a couple hours working at the fringes of the fire, but it started to die down after dark once the temperature cooled and the winds died down.

August 3rd: We drove past a creek today that was filled with spawning salmon, and got some good pictures.

August 4th: The camp hit five million trees planted today! We had some other notable goals reached, for instance, Paul now only has one person on his crew that hasn't planted 100,000 trees this season.

August 5th: The forest fire above our camp is still burning, even though there have been men and equipment working on it for about five days now. I'm surprised that they haven't come to ask for our help, since the guys in charge know where we are camped.

August 6th: We were supposed to be done today, but we still have about 100,000 trees left. It's taking forever. We used to average close to 100,000 per day, but now with only about 20 people left, and the difficult green ground, we are only averaging about 25,000 per day. On top of that, we just got 17,000 extra trees from forestry that another company couldn't finish. I hope we can get done by the night of the 11th, since I have a plane ticket booked for the 12th. On top of the planting, we still have to break down camp and turn in all the vehicles and equipment. It's going to be a very tough week.

August 8th: One of the trucks died temporarily as we were about to leave the block. We were turning it around, and then suddenly the steering wheel wouldn't turn left. It looked like a piece of the housing attached to a suspension support arm sheared off, and dropped down into the tie-rod ends (my description of vehicle problems is always somewhat suspect and open to interpretation, by the way). Anyway, we used a piece of yellow nylon rope to tie it up and fix the problem temporarily.

August 9th: We finished the "regular" trees today, in a nice normal full day ending at 4:30pm, the same date that I had predicted that we'd finish a couple weeks ago. Now all that's left is breaking camp tomorrow, and then planting the last group of extra trees the following day, which are on a block that is a couple hours closer to Prince George.

August 10th: We've been trying to emphasize the need to take good care of equipment and vehicles all summer, and I thought we had done quite well for the first year, with no apparent vehicle damages except to my tailgate (from a quad that came loose). Well, Jim burst my bubble today and said that one of Tower's trucks had about $535 in damages to the roof. Apparently, it was dented by planters standing on it while fastening down gear - not smart.

August 11th: We finished the extra trees, and the "extra" extras - there were several boxes more than we originally expected. A couple planters didn't show up, due to a case of food poisoning and a personal vehicle breakdown, so with everything considered it took us until almost 5pm to finish, instead of being done at 2pm like I had hoped. The excitement of the day was that I found a snake, probably only the fourth snake I've ever seen while planting. Heather, one of our first year planters, managed to just barely hit her goal of 100,000 trees today, with her second last box of the day, giving us a total of 26 planters in our camp this summer that exceeded 100,000 trees each. The final tally for the season was 5,145,890 trees planted! In addition, we had a total of 73 planting days (70 full days, and six half days), which was an incredibly long season. Normally, we get about 60 days each summer. Ours was extended this summer due to receiving extra trees on all five contracts, either from other camps that were falling behind in production, or from the licensees themselves.

Click HERE to see pictures from July and August of 2003.

Check back here next summer for more adventures!!