A Day in the Life of a Tree Planting Supervisor

Post links to other useful sites and videos, planting or forestry or otherwise. Visible to unregistered users.
Scooter
Site Administrator

A Day in the Life of a Tree Planting Supervisor

Post by Scooter »

This video might amuse a few of you. Or make you dizzy.

I took a random day this past July and wore a high-def GoPro video camera strapped to my head for the entire day, for about sixteen hours (well, I lost about an hour or so throughout, when I had to keep taking it off every two hours to change batteries or dump footage into the laptop). I then cut out any video and compressed the time frame on the footage so it plays at high speed (varying between 14x and 16x), so the entire day goes by in one hour. I then added voiceovers throughout the video to explain what was happening throughout the day.

It's kind of neat that although it seems to be flashing by at high speed, if you've got the setting at 1080p and the video on full-screen (assuming your internet connection is fast enough to support that), you can pause the video at any point and actually get a pretty clear picture of what's happening - even details such as the number of kilometer on my truck when I was filling out my daily log book, etc.

This one is for all my planters who ask what I do all day. No, I don't sit in camp and eat cookies every day.

Free download of "Step By Step" training book: www.replant.ca/digitaldownloads
Personal Email: jonathan.scooter.clark@gmail.com

Sponsor Tree Planting: www.replant-environmental.ca
(to build community forests, not to be turned into 2x4's and toilet paper)
Leon
Regular Contributor

Re: A Day in the Life of a Tree Planting Supervisor

Post by Leon »

Holy crap! Reminds me of the movie Crank, did they base this on you Scooter?! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEXsOqdzYhE

Someone give this man an Easy Button!

"The planet isn't going anywhere. WE ARE! Pack your shit folks, we're going away."
Scooter
Site Administrator

Post by Scooter »

No time for coffee.

Is that movie any good? I've never heard of it.
Free download of "Step By Step" training book: www.replant.ca/digitaldownloads
Personal Email: jonathan.scooter.clark@gmail.com

Sponsor Tree Planting: www.replant-environmental.ca
(to build community forests, not to be turned into 2x4's and toilet paper)
Leon
Regular Contributor

Post by Leon »

Scooter wrote:No time for coffee.

Is that movie any good? I've never heard of it.
It's about the adrenaline-fueled last few hours of a character played by Jason Statham. Silly plot but good old fashioned mindless action. What you'd expect from a Statham film, so no, not all that good lol.
"The planet isn't going anywhere. WE ARE! Pack your shit folks, we're going away."