Trees For The Future website

Post links to other useful sites and videos, planting or forestry or otherwise. Visible to unregistered users.
Scooter
Site Administrator

Trees For The Future website

Post by Scooter »

I'm posting this here for my own reference as much as for other people.

This non-profit raises money and plants trees in a number of less developed countries around the world. Ten Tree Clothing does this sort of work on its own, and I've been approached by half a dozen Canadian entrepreneurs over the past six months who want to emulate the Ten Tree model in some way, so they've all been asking me about the possibility of paying myself or some other organization to plant trees on their behalf. I've generally tried to give them some generic thoughts, but stayed away from any sort of involvement. Anyway, one person that I was talking to recently told me that he set up a partnership with "Trees For The Future" where a $1000 credit went toward the planting of 10,000 trees. I was a bit skeptical for a minute, because you can't even buy seedlings that cheap in Canada (let alone consider labour costs) but then when I looked at their website, it made more sense since they're operating overseas.

Without endorsing this operation, since I don't know much about them, here's their website link:

http://www.treesforthefuture.org/
Free download of "Step By Step" training book: www.replant.ca/digitaldownloads
Personal Email: jonathan.scooter.clark@gmail.com

Sponsor Tree Planting: www.replant-environmental.ca
(to build community forests, not to be turned into 2x4's and toilet paper)