Why Plant in the Maritimes?

Planting in the Maritimes is very different than planting in Ontario or on the West Coast. Learn why in this forum.
Scooter
Site Administrator

Why Plant in the Maritimes?

Post by Scooter »

Despite the small size of the Maritime provinces, there is a very large planting program that goes on each year in New Brunswick and Nova Scotia, and which employs thousands of students. The industry is much different than that on the West Coast, however. Prices are much lower, but employees are able to work regular hours on weekdays, based out of towns and cities, rather than having to live in bush camps. In many areas, planting is done with special tools rather than with shovels, and sometimes, team approaches mean that the entire crew works together and makes similar wages, rather than the individualized approach found on the West Coast.

I've created this forum specifically so people can talk about their experiences in planting in the Maritimes, because I can't answer questions very well (due to my lack of experience). This forum can also contain company contacts and job openings, etc.
Free download of "Step By Step" training book: www.replant.ca/digitaldownloads
Personal Email: jonathan.scooter.clark@gmail.com

Sponsor Tree Planting: www.replant-environmental.ca
(to build community forests, not to be turned into 2x4's and toilet paper)