No hips

Where to get it, supplier contact information and websites, questions & suggestions, etc. Everything but boots - they get their own forum.
salad_shooter
Regular Contributor

No hips

Post by salad_shooter »

With another season quickly approaching, I find myself once again struggling to come up with a better way to keep a set of bags on my skinny ass. After years of using them, I gave up shoulder straps in favour of better range of motion. It feels way better, I think, but having to pull up my bags/pants like a gangster when they start slipping is annoying as hell. Doesn't matter how tight they are, they always slide down, especially going down the hill with heavy bags. Does someone out there have some miracle solution? Super glue? Rubber bands? Flubber? Or should I just suck it up and put the shoulder straps back on?
Gingerplanter
Replant Forums Highballer

Re: No hips

Post by Gingerplanter »

salad_shooter wrote:With another season quickly approaching, I find myself once again struggling to come up with a better way to keep a set of bags on my skinny ass. After years of using them, I gave up shoulder straps in favour of better range of motion. It feels way better, I think, but having to pull up my bags/pants like a gangster when they start slipping is annoying as hell. Doesn't matter how tight they are, they always slide down, especially going down the hill with heavy bags. Does someone out there have some miracle solution? Super glue? Rubber bands? Flubber? Or should I just suck it up and put the shoulder straps back on?
Shoulder straps and lighter bags should help. Try an ass implant.
retrovertigo

Post by retrovertigo »

Tie your rain jacket or an extra sweater (tight!) around your waist? That's what one really skinny girl on my crew does, seems to work for her.
jakeb
Starting to Post

Post by jakeb »

Pimp your waist padding....

-buy new bags with fresh pads which aren't packed out (or convince a rookie with hips and new pads to trade with you)

-I have seen a complete replacement in favour of hiking backpack waist belts.

-You can also track down more padding to add. They make pads with velcro on both sides, so you can double up the amount of padding by adding it in between your bags and your current pads.
CampMeeting
Regular Contributor

Post by CampMeeting »

You can buy replacement hip belts for large backpacks at MEC for around $25. I've done this and sewed them to my planting bags, and it's worked out great.

It's also essential to make sure the belt is not loosening at all. An added bonus to the above approach is that I find the buckle from the new hip belt holds tension a lot better than the one that comes with the planting bags.
ohsnap

Post by ohsnap »

Get yourself one of these. Bolt the back, figure out the sides. Doesn't matter if you have no hips, these things will stay on.

There's a couple of threads about this now, but I can't figure out how to link them to here.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/USMC-MARPAT-ILBE ... 2c8843ea48