FS Custom SCARPA inverno Caulk Hiking Boots

And that's what I'm gonna do. Wait, sorry, I got distracted. Everyone talks about boots, so they get their own special forum.
chronic
Regular Contributor

FS Custom SCARPA inverno Caulk Hiking Boots

Post by chronic »

Have for sale a like new pair of black scarpa inverno hiking boots that I had custom caulk (corks). I am a gear snob, so these have a professional resole for corks. I bought these boots brand new, and did the change right away. I wore them maybe three times. I prefer my custom corked leather sportivas more though. So thought I would put them up for sale here. They are a european size 8. I wear a size 42 sportiva and these are a little bigger so would say euro 43 or 9 1/2 US.
I have no foot issues. The total build was over 500 (boots 300 and caulk job 200) Will sell for 250.00. Boots are with me in BC. CAn provide references from selling gear on MEC gear swap or provide Ebay feedback info. If you are serious and want actual pictures please email me.
Sebastian
Replant Forums Highballer

Re: FS Custom SCARPA inverno Caulk Hiking Boots

Post by Sebastian »

I think you should put up pictures mostly because it just sounds really cool.
backcountrysister

Post by backcountrysister »

My partner did the same thing for work. they lasted him like 300 working days( foremaning). I tried with the old plastic boots - they where awesome, but too big for my feet ( i sold them for the price that I had them caulked). I think the price is very fair - if not too cheap. The problem is, U need to get a good fit & photos will help. Only problem - how well are they broken in? I mean, sizing with scarpa tends to be for a narrower foot - but they are great.
roughing it in the rough
donkeyrider

Post by donkeyrider »

i bought my scarpa last week... I have EEEE feet. My girlfriend works at an orthopedics store and her uncle (the owner) stretched them for me... now they fit great. So I dont think the narrow foot thing should be a reason not to by these boots. Take them to a cobbler or any high end shoe store that has a leather stretcher and shizam narrow leather boot fits wide foot. Not to mention there are other stretching techs like alcohol and water. Something else I noticed with these boots is that the way the leathers folded around the eye holes or whatever you can tie your laces a little looser around the toe of the boot and this will open up the leather a bit to accommodate your extra width in the boot.

ps I tried to break these boots in on an intermediate hike... Sendaro Dios Vista in port moody and these boots kicked my ass. The leather is thick so I think there is a good amount of break in time.
Best way to kill flies: "throw your shovel at them"