Lloyds Reforestation Ltd.

A forum for discussion about various silviculture companies. No defamation please!
replant
Site Administrator

Lloyds Reforestation Ltd.

Post by replant »

This thread is devoted to gossip and discussion for employees and stakeholders of Lloyds Reforestation Ltd.

This company is believed to work predominantly in British Columbia.
Bolo99
Regular Contributor

Lloyds Reforestation

Post by Bolo99 »

Worked for these guys way back in 1991-92. Great Rookie company, lots of good people and good parties. Not great coin, but at the time it was all good. Had a foreman by the name of Jono, awesome guy, best foreman I ever had. Last I heard he got out of the bush in 1998-99? I think Lloyds has downsized alot over the years, the intense P.G. competition. As far as I know the're still doing a 5-6 week season every year. (not sure about this?) I don't know, some of the guys I worked with had issues with the owner, Al Lloyd, but I remember the company as a solid place to work, and if you worked hard not bad coin.
Scooter
Site Administrator

Post by Scooter »

And another one bites the dust ...

Out of business.
Free download of "Step By Step" training book: www.replant.ca/digitaldownloads
Personal Email: jonathan.scooter.clark@gmail.com

Sponsor Tree Planting: www.replant-environmental.ca
(to build community forests, not to be turned into 2x4's and toilet paper)
klahti
Starting to Post

Lloyd Reforestation

Post by klahti »

Smaller as a company but not out of business quite yet. 2006 was a dismal year dollar wise so instead of losing money and having a bunch of peeved planters we took a year off and passed our prefered work on to Northern Ventures of Prince George.
Green Side Up
Scooter
Site Administrator

Post by Scooter »

Good to hear. Good luck this summer ...
Free download of "Step By Step" training book: www.replant.ca/digitaldownloads
Personal Email: jonathan.scooter.clark@gmail.com

Sponsor Tree Planting: www.replant-environmental.ca
(to build community forests, not to be turned into 2x4's and toilet paper)
Mike
Replant Forums Highballer

Re: Lloyds Reforestation Ltd.

Post by Mike »

I met a couple planters that planted with these guys this season. They said prices and land was decent, but there was sometimes minor disorganization about when to leave the block/how long people worked each day. If I see the planters again (they might be joining TPC's Fort Saint John plant), I'll see if I can get them to come on here and post more information.
All of my company reviews and experience (The Planting Company, Windfirm, ELF, Folklore, Dynamic, Timberline, Eric Boyd, Wagner, Little Smokey, Leader, plus my lists for summer work and coastal) can be found at the start of the Folklore review due to URL and character limits.

Folklore, 2011: http://tinyurl.com/anl6mkd
StaggerLee
Starting to Post

Post by StaggerLee »

According to them, I've been hired for the season. Hopefully they havn't shut down haha.
I've been getting updates sent to me every few weeks. According to them it will be 8-10 weeks, starting in the beginning of May near Fort St. James.

Anyone have any other information on them?
jdtesluk

Post by jdtesluk »

The cat came back the very next day.....
Mike

Post by Mike »

They played 2011; 3 months season; Fort Saint James; 1 camp.
All of my company reviews and experience (The Planting Company, Windfirm, ELF, Folklore, Dynamic, Timberline, Eric Boyd, Wagner, Little Smokey, Leader, plus my lists for summer work and coastal) can be found at the start of the Folklore review due to URL and character limits.

Folklore, 2011: http://tinyurl.com/anl6mkd