Reminder about Inappropriate Criticisms

A forum for discussion about various silviculture companies. No defamation please!
Scooter
Site Administrator

Reminder about Inappropriate Criticisms

Post by Scooter »

You've seen me lock a couple of topics down already today. This Board is going to be very busy for the next three months (usually over 1000 visitors per day for the same period last year), and I don't want to have to be monitoring it five or six times a day.

Please keep your comments objective. I suggested that if anyone wants to really blast a load of shit at any particular company, you should do it on Facebook instead of here. In fact, if someone wants to set up a "tree planting companies that I hate and why I hate them" thread on Facebook, I'll even point a link at it. But in order to preserve my sanity, I'd prefer to keep these boards a bit tamer than they have been.

Even though many companies are in rather intense competition, when it all comes down to it, we're all planters who are dealing with the same problems in the industry. I know that many planters are the most bitter, cynical, and sarcastic beings who've ever trolled around on the internet. I'm that way at times myself. But a little bit of solidarity isn't a bad thing ...
Free download of "Step By Step" training book: www.replant.ca/digitaldownloads
Personal Email: jonathan.scooter.clark@gmail.com

Sponsor Tree Planting: www.replant-environmental.ca
(to build community forests, not to be turned into 2x4's and toilet paper)
TheHamsterizer
Replant Forums Highballer

Re: Reminder about Inappropriate Criticisms

Post by TheHamsterizer »

Scooter wrote:You've seen me lock a couple of topics down already today. This Board is going to be very busy for the next three months (usually over 1000 visitors per day for the same period last year), and I don't want to have to be monitoring it five or six times a day.

Please keep your comments objective. I suggested that if anyone wants to really blast a load of shit at any particular company, you should do it on Facebook instead of here. In fact, if someone wants to set up a "tree planting companies that I hate and why I hate them" thread on Facebook, I'll even point a link at it. But in order to preserve my sanity, I'd prefer to keep these boards a bit tamer than they have been.

Even though many companies are in rather intense competition, when it all comes down to it, we're all planters who are dealing with the same problems in the industry. I know that many planters are the most bitter, cynical, and sarcastic beings who've ever trolled around on the internet. I'm that way at times myself. But a little bit of solidarity isn't a bad thing ...
But you can't show hatred on facebook, you have to be super happy and upbeat so everyone thinks you're a terrific, together individual with a perfect life. Those are the rules.
If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong
Scooter
Site Administrator

Post by Scooter »

Hm. Good point.

Do they allow movable gif's for profile pics? Probably not, since I've never seen any. But if they did, you could create a "dr. jeckyll & mr. hyde" sort of profile, so it looks all peaceful and happy when you first log on, but ten seconds later it suddenly shows your darker side, albeit briefly. But that's just long enough to allow the viewer to stare deep into that black abyss that is your soul, and realize that Facebook is not entirely the happy land that people make it out to be.
Free download of "Step By Step" training book: www.replant.ca/digitaldownloads
Personal Email: jonathan.scooter.clark@gmail.com

Sponsor Tree Planting: www.replant-environmental.ca
(to build community forests, not to be turned into 2x4's and toilet paper)
mwainwright

Post by mwainwright »

how about you just put up a "all silviculture contractors are gay, and will rip you off" disclaimer? then we can all say what we want.
backcountrysister

Post by backcountrysister »

mwainwright wrote:how about you just put up a "all silviculture contractors are gay, and will rip you off" disclaimer? then we can all say what we want.

I agree..I was just looking at some of my old pay stubs..grrrrr..I am shocked - thank god they don't exist anymore. I even backed them up on this site . How wrong I was:p
roughing it in the rough
Captain Slashpile

Post by Captain Slashpile »

After 8 years of losing my summers to the block Ive made a firm decision to retire. Maybe they'll hang up my jersey at the generator. But I still wanna have a toe in this world so Im gonna create the treeplanting bitch session on facebook (unless someone beats me to it). So good luck out there people. I miss it already. No I dont. Yes I do. no I dont. back to the real world.
Now I'm Drivin the Bus!
Captain Slashpile

Post by Captain Slashpile »

Now I'm Drivin the Bus!