Roots Reforestation in saskatchewan

A forum for discussion about various silviculture companies. No defamation please!
Skidder
Starting to Post

Roots Reforestation

Post by Skidder »

Does anybody know if Roots out of PG is still around? Planted with them during the infamous 1995 season. Can't find any recent info, and I see some former supervisors and foremen started North Aspect (silviculture services). Details on the demise?
Scooter
Site Administrator

Post by Scooter »

I can try to find out some details. I had thought for years that they were out of business, but someone told me a couple years ago that they still ran a small operation outside of PG. I have someone in my camp who worked for Roots in 1994, who might know a bit.
Free download of "Step By Step" training book: www.replant.ca/digitaldownloads
Personal Email: jonathan.scooter.clark@gmail.com

Sponsor Tree Planting: www.replant-environmental.ca
(to build community forests, not to be turned into 2x4's and toilet paper)
Bolo99
Regular Contributor

Roots info

Post by Bolo99 »

As far as I know Bob Butler (founder of Roots) has pretty much retired. He was doing some spacing and brushing contracts around Fort St James BC in 2003? havent heard anything since. He made his coin back in the pre 1987 planting days around P.G. (when the government handled all the backlog ground) This was in the days when Roots had 400 to 500 planter camps! To be honest I could never figure out why he bothered with the brushing etc in 2003! Go Figure! I guess it dosent matter how much money you make, its never enough! (ha Ha!)
ypyp
Starting to Post

Roots Reforestation in saskatchewan

Post by ypyp »

Does anyone know anything about them? They have a profile on tree-planter.com.

http://www.tree-planter.com/?navigation ... age_id=232

Also, how does Saskatchewan planting compare to BC/Alberta/Ontario?