Maritimes Tree Planting: Irving Tree Planting Website

A forum for discussion about various silviculture companies. No defamation please!
SwampDonkey
Replant Forums Highballer

Maritimes Tree Planting: Irving Tree Planting Website

Post by SwampDonkey » Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:30 am

I'm not sure how recent Irving launched their tree planting site http://www.irvingplantstrees.com , but here it is. This year they are making payment based on production. Of course by law, they also have to assure minimum wage. Their site also has a couple videos.
'If she wants to play lumberjack, she's going to have to learn to handle her end of the log.'
Dirty Harry

Scooter
Site Administrator

Re: Maritimes Tree Planting: Irving Tree Planting Website

Post by Scooter » Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:53 am

This year they are making payment based on production.
That's interesting. Is this the first year that they're not doing team-based approaches?

SwampDonkey

Post by SwampDonkey » Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:06 am

It seems "partially" so, your still subject to team quality. The reason given for production pay is to increase the gross wage [of the better workers]. Quality is based on assessment of the team and individual.

"NEW TO 2011 each planter will be paid for their INDIVIDUAL PRODUCTION by the number of TREES they plant each day. A high portion of the pay will come from quality that will be measured in smaller teams or sub-groups.

Working hours can vary; however, typically a tree planter works from 5 a.m. to mid-afternoon. Each planter should plant between 10,000 and 12,000 trees per week. Pay is by the tree according to the quality of the TEAM and quantity each INDIVIDUAL plants each day."

"Our reason to change to individual production incentives is to increase weekly earnings for planters over previous years. We have also simplified the quality system and pay stubs."

I still make way more thinning and a lot longer season.
'If she wants to play lumberjack, she's going to have to learn to handle her end of the log.'
Dirty Harry

TheHamsterizer

Post by TheHamsterizer » Mon May 16, 2011 1:20 pm

This company should put a different photo on their website, everything about it makes me not want to plant there...
If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong