Integrity Industrial (Jake Solway)

A forum for discussion about various silviculture companies. No defamation please!
Scooter
Site Administrator

Integrity Industrial (Jake Solway)

Post by Scooter » Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:34 pm

This is a thread for discussion about Integrity Industrial. There are two companies with Integrity in the name. This thread refers to the company owned by Jake Solway, which works mostly on Vancouver Island or on the coast.

If you are looking for information about the other Integrity (run by Seth MacDonald), look for the thread that I've titled "Integrity Contracting (McBride)."

ohreillz
Starting to Post

Re: Integrity Industrial (Jake Solway)

Post by ohreillz » Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:43 pm

I enjoyed working for Jake last spring. He started some folks Feb 11 and the rest Feb 25, finishing up in Knight Inlet on May 13. He obviously cares a great deal about putting together a first-rate company and it's on the right track. Definitely the most fun I've had on the coast, with a great group of people and some beautiful remote areas to work out of. 8 places in 2 months was nice, as we saw a lot of little corners of the island and coast. It meant a lot of days off in-between shows but depending on the scenario that wasn't always a bad thing. He runs long days and long shifts. The work is mostly Interfor, with a few Northwest Hardwoods contracts as well. NWH is all alder and it's got to be some of the creamiest coastal ground out. Interfor is all decent and occasionally awesome, with quite a bit of heli blocks. Prices were always fair and often great. Overall it's some of the best work I've seen, and I look forward to seeing how it evolves.

barnbill
Replant Forums Highballer

Post by barnbill » Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:59 am

I, ve worked knight inlet Lots of good ground and was always great money with the right contractor

gilford_green_guy
Starting to Post

Post by gilford_green_guy » Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:37 pm

O'reilly got it right. If you already have coastal chops & want to work for a great company, this is it.
jake@integrityindustrial.net

He does a lot of saw work too. Very long season.

mike.erwood
Starting to Post

Post by mike.erwood » Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:02 pm

I worked for Jake for two seasons (2015 and 16). Overall very fair prices with some absolutely amazing prices on alder planting for Northwest Hardwoods. I think we were getting 23 - 26 cents, and some of the pieces were comparable to Alberta cream. By far the most money per day I've made planting. I've only been in the industry for seven years, but one guy with a couple decades experience told me that he'd never seen anything like the prices we were getting at NW Hardwoods for the ground there. A really neat thing about working for Jake was just getting to see some really cool parts of the coast. We did a lot of remote work up in Butte and Drury Inlet, and the scenery up there is stunning. Contracts were mostly very remote, boating in for a couple hours to logging and fishing camps, and working in isolation for a couple weeks at a time. We did one contract working off of a small boat with some pretty cramped quarters, but if you're willing to forego cushy motel rooms you get to see some pretty incredible places and I don't think the prices on Integrity's best contracts can be beat.