Thunderhouse Forest Services

This forum is specifically intended for conversation about planting in Ontario and Quebec.
replant
Site Administrator

Thunderhouse Forest Services

Post by replant »

This thread is devoted to gossip and discussion for employees and stakeholders of Thunderhouse Forest Services.

This company is believed to work predominantly in Ontario.

Updated contact info as of November 27th, 2007:
Hope everyone is well there! Here is some updated information for Thunderhouse Forest Services Inc., which includes the full company name, correct spelling for street address, and new fax number;

THUNDERHOUSE FOREST SERVICES INC.
34 Rouse, Box 70, Hearst, ON, P0L 1N0
Phone: (705) 362-4488, Fax: (705) 362-4563

The company website will be changing to http://www.thunderhouse.ca within 2 weeks, if you want to make that change also. Much appreciated!
Last edited by replant on Mon Feb 16, 2004 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Scooter
Site Administrator

Website for this company

Post by Scooter »

This company has a website at:

http://www.thunderhouse.on.ca
Free download of "Step By Step" training book: www.replant.ca/digitaldownloads
Personal Email: jonathan.scooter.clark@gmail.com

Sponsor Tree Planting: www.replant-environmental.ca
(to build community forests, not to be turned into 2x4's and toilet paper)
izzybif
Starting to Post

Post by izzybif »

wow, so I'm the first thunderhouse employee to post.

i just went for the first time this summer for may june and part of july. I had an amazing time. Although there was alot of bullshit to deal with from the company, like frozen trees during the helicopter contract. but that's a whole other story.
skibum_
Replant Forums Highballer

Post by skibum_ »

i have had many friends who spent their first year at thunderhouse. After moving to a better company, the money you actually make with other companies really outweighs the drunken times with thunderhouse. Also, who wouldnt like getting the full amount they are owed without having to go to court?
Justin
B_rad_888

Post by B_rad_888 »

I planted for them my rookie year, last year. It probably wasn't the best experience of my life and I definately would have dropped out early if it wasn't for the people I planted with. People were great. Company... well, let's just say they need to work out alot of things.
jack
Starting to Post

Post by jack »

this is my rookie year, and I'm planting with Thunder House. This job was given to me, I didn't apply. The only shitty party is that all I hear is bad stuff about Thunder House.
Tupperfan
Replant Forums Highballer

Re: Thunderhouse Forest Services

Post by Tupperfan »

Thunderhouse is owned by some Hearst Forest Management operators. A lot of Thunderhouse contracts are with HFM, but legally they can't be direct awards contracts.

Their website doesn't seem to be currently available.
psi
Starting to Post

Re: Thunderhouse Forest Services

Post by psi »

I planted for Thunderhouse for a few seasons, word is they didn't get any planting contracts this year. I'm guessing the site is down so they don't get bogged down with emails from people looking for planting jobs. I think they may still be doing timber cruising this year, which I found was much easier money than planting for them anyway.