Diva cup lady's?

Here's the best place to ask specific questions.
audreysland
Starting to Post

Diva cup lady's?

Post by audreysland »

Hello ladies! I was wondering for those of you who uses the diva cup out there, where do you empty it? Doesn't it attrack bears, that's my only worry about using it this season. Thank you lots!
Tupperfan
Replant Forums Highballer

Re: Diva cup lady's?

Post by Tupperfan »

Well, I'm not an expert, not being a lady and all, but from what I've seen, the diva cup is basically a funnel and empties itself on the spot, basically allowing you to piss like a dude.

Being made of cardboard, it's recommended to use each piece only once, and therefore shouldn't really attract bears more than anybody else pissing. Don't think bears are much into urolagnia anyways...
skibum_

Post by skibum_ »

google informs me that the diva cup is a product designed to replace tampons and what not. It is a cup that is inserted into the vagina and catched menstrual fluid. It needs to be removed, emptied and washed every once in awhile.
Justin
Tupperfan

Post by Tupperfan »

Yeah, true, I was mixing it up with that funnel that allows women to urinate while standing up...My bad!

http://www.femalefreedom.ca/

I've heard about the Diva Cup but I definitely can't help.
TwoCents

Post by TwoCents »

Ha ha at the men trying to provide advise on this topic.
Hmm, I ditched the cup during planting season. Too much maintenance required. I would avoid emptying it during the day and wait until you get back to camp where there should be places to empty and wash it. Trying to change it on the block is risky. If you're not attached to it, I would stick with tampons for the season.
audreysland
Starting to Post

Post by audreysland »

I wasn't really expecting guys to answer me, thanks though you made me laugh ;) You ditched it he, yeh I guess it could be hard of maintenance...hum, I'll think about it I guess. Thanks!
Seabass

Post by Seabass »

my girlfriend says it works but it's rather messy to put in and takes some time to figure out how to insert it properly.
Sebastian

Post by Sebastian »

I've got a friend (8th year planter) who uses one and swears by it. Honestly, if I was a girl, I'd be all over it too. But hell, I know girls who are too creeped out to use it even in the relative cleanliness of the city. I guess in that respect, it comes down to personal preference.
If it's what you're used to, feel free to use it in the bush... but you should probably bring some back up just in case.
Sebastian

Post by Sebastian »

ps... Oh man Tupperfan, funniest answer ever
Tupperfan

Post by Tupperfan »

Sebastian wrote:ps... Oh man Tupperfan, funniest answer ever
Yeah, a shining moment, I'm very proud!

Ah, cluelessness...
not_it
Regular Contributor

Post by not_it »

I've used the diva cup planting for the last two years and i think it's great. i do bring gloves though (like latex or whatever), never had a problem with bears.
mwainwright

Post by mwainwright »

ive never seen a bunch of dudes so eager to discuss feminine hygene
eisan
Regular Contributor

Post by eisan »

I'm going on my 5th year of bush work and I swear the Keeper (Canadian version of the Diva Cup, basically the exact same thing in a different colour) has made that special time of month so much easier. Best part is you don't have to change it anymore than once a day. It took a bit to figure out a good way to keep it clean in bush camps, but if you take a bottle of water to the shitter and clean it once a day, you're set. Another great thing, can't run out, unlike tampons, really not cool having to ask all the girls in camp if they have extra tampons.
As for bears, I've never had a problem I didn't bring on myself.
jules

Post by jules »

I've met lots of girls who love Keeper cups, but I haven't tried them myself.
It took a bit to figure out a good way to keep it clean in bush camps, but if you take a bottle of water to the shitter and clean it once a day, you're set.
Are you sure that's all that sanitary? I looked into this last year, and everything I read said it should be washed in hot, soapy water every day during your cycle.

P.S. I always overpack on tampons, and I have no problem with being the tampon fairy godmother if someone needs it. It's better than being the cigarette fairy! ;)
Scooter
Site Administrator

Post by Scooter »

Every foreman with females on his crew, and every supervisor with females in their camp, should carry a supply of tampons in the truck. Not for the purpose of being the free tampon dispenser all season, but simply because their job is to be prepared for emergencies. No different than bringing an air-pump in case the quad tire goes flat, or tylenol in case a planter gets a headaches, or an extra shovel in case someone's breaks.
Free download of "Step By Step" training book: www.replant.ca/digitaldownloads
Personal Email: jonathan.scooter.clark@gmail.com

Sponsor Tree Planting: www.replant-environmental.ca
(to build community forests, not to be turned into 2x4's and toilet paper)
eisan
Regular Contributor

Post by eisan »

These are the instructions that came with The Keeper. http://www.keeper.com/usage.html I'm sure as long as you take care and sanitize your hands, should be fine. When I said not cool looking for tampons around camp I ment I find it inconvient, I'm sure no one actually minds. If the Diva or Keeper is what someone's used to using while not planting, I'd say give it a go while planting but I can see it being a pain if you're not used it it.
Sara
Starting to Post

Post by Sara »

eisan wrote:I'm going on my 5th year of bush work and I swear the Keeper (Canadian version of the Diva Cup, basically the exact same thing in a different colour) has made that special time of month so much easier. Best part is you don't have to change it anymore than once a day. It took a bit to figure out a good way to keep it clean in bush camps, but if you take a bottle of water to the shitter and clean it once a day, you're set. Another great thing, can't run out, unlike tampons, really not cool having to ask all the girls in camp if they have extra tampons.
As for bears, I've never had a problem I didn't bring on myself.
Right on, Eisan! This will be my 4th season planting with Diva cup. If you're used to it in the city it's just as easy in the bush. It's good to have baby wipes or whatever on hand anyway and that's really all you need if you're emptying it while you're on the block (for your hands, not the cup!) Cleaning it once a day is fine, just give it a good cleaning at the end of your cycle. Only, I don't clean it in the shitter because I'm worried about dropping it !
backcountrysister

Post by backcountrysister »

I love the "keeper or diva cup"whatever...Been using one for the last decade. I always carry a500ml water bottle in my back bags just to rinse it if I have to do my thing. No bear issues- but Its messy when U first start. I actually got caught with my pants down changing it by an owner of a company a few yrs ago - embarrassing.

Anybody out there use the "she whiz or what ever the urinary device U decide to use. I think this is what the boys where talking about.I love mine. I never have to take my pants off - on rainy days- yeah!! It scares the boys- its a little threatening..hehehehe- love mine. now I don't have penis envy...
roughing it in the rough
krahn

Post by krahn »

whoa, there goes our one advantage....
backcountrysister

Post by backcountrysister »

Scooter wrote:Every foreman with females on his crew, and every supervisor with females in their camp, should carry a supply of tampons in the truck. Not for the purpose of being the free tampon dispenser all season, but simply because their job is to be prepared for emergencies. No different than bringing an air-pump in case the quad tire goes flat, or tylenol in case a planter gets a headaches, or an extra shovel in case someone's breaks.
Nice one Scooter! love the concern for the ladies! It pays to be prepared!
roughing it in the rough