Photos, Mantracker and plot of land

Gossip, rumours, and random thoughts. Imagine 1000+ people sitting around a campfire: planters, foremen, owners, and foresters. Add kegs. Now imagine the chaos.
Richianity
Replant Forums Highballer

Photos, Mantracker and plot of land

Post by Richianity »

Scootsy,

just went through your photos. That's awesome that you saw Mantracker. Are you guys going to be a part of the episode?

You're selling 135 hectares?...More importantly, you can buy 135 hectares for ONLY $245,000 in NB?????? What a different planet that 'Not BC R/E' world is!
Scooter
Site Administrator

Re: Photos, Mantracker and plot of land

Post by Scooter »

Re. Mantracker ... I don't think they're going to show much of the planters. They went through a bunch of Northern's blocks too, and then through all of ours, and we sort of got in the way. But I'm guessing that they'll keep us out of the episodes, to make it all seem more remote. They didn't get any of the planters on my end to sign releases, and I would assume that they'd do that if they were going to use any close-ups with completely identifiable faces. And when they did all the re-shooting (since they can't get a lot of the footage when the actual chase is on), they didn't come back and ask for any of us to be used in the footage. But I'm not sure - maybe Northern got more involved in that side of it. I did talk to all of them a lot, and I got some nice footage of him re-saddling his horse on one of the re-shoot days that I got permission to use in my annual video. The more that I think about it though, the more I think that I should apply to become the prey on one of his future episodes.

Land: yeah, it's a pretty nice piece, and even in New Brunswick, its not very easy to get a big chunk of that size that is all contiguous, in a nice layout, and the owner is actually willing to sell. The only thing for me is that that property is the one that I consider to be the best of my properties, in terms of the land itself, but it's unfortunately 20 minutes away from the hometown that I'm living in now (Sackville). I was going to build a recording studio on it originally, but it's a bit far to stumble home after I've had a few drinks at the studio, if home is 25 kilometers away. I've got a couple of smaller wooded properties inside town limits in Sackville (only about 40 acres each) so it kind of hurts to let this big property go, but it makes the most sense. And since I can get a lot of clientele from the University, I'll have to make the sacrifice and go with a smaller property for the studio.

Land is fairly cheap around the east coast. I know that some of the prices that I've heard for mediocre property on the West Coast have just made my jaw drop.
Free download of "Step By Step" training book: www.replant.ca/digitaldownloads
Personal Email: jonathan.scooter.clark@gmail.com

Sponsor Tree Planting: www.replant-environmental.ca
(to build community forests, not to be turned into 2x4's and toilet paper)
L'Amour
Regular Contributor

Post by L'Amour »

Curious. They got releases from us on the Northern blocks, though I doubt they'll use any of it. Maybe our mechanic giving directions to the girls or the trackers talking to one of our rookies; I dunno.

Don't suppose you know when that episode airs, do you?
Richianity

Post by Richianity »

Ya I kinda want to be prey as well. They are currently accepting applications for season 6. They must have been filming season five when you saw him.

My problem with it though is that there is a prey cameraman that follows the prey. I'm sure he's really good but that's still an extra person and still another set of tracks that would help mantracker. Plus he's carrying around a camera. So all mantracker would need to do is look for a slowass camera man and then he would know that the prey are pretty close or does it work some other way?
Scooter
Site Administrator

Post by Scooter »

The shoot that we saw was for Season 5, Episode 03, unless something changes in the order. I don't know the date though.

I talked to the producer for a while about the cameraman, because I'd love to do that. He said that the prey cameraman is a world class athlete (I forget the exactly qualifications, but it would be like someone who does the Tour De France but in this other sort of triathalon type race). The producer said that even though he is incredibly, incredibly fit (which jives from what I saw), the guy has actually vomited several times while on the chase, from working so hard. The cameraman for the trackers is apparently a much easier position.

The funny thing is that I had never seen an episode of the show until I watched my first one last night. Now, my curiosity is really getting to me. I might have to look into this more seriously.

krahn

Post by krahn »

After the first season I bugged the producers for over a year to get planters on, my friend Simone (who has previously never seen the show) and I made a video and her boyfriend made a video for us, we made it to the phone interview stage, where I obviously wasn't quite interesting enough for them... I had to work really hard to keep interest in Simone as well, and it worked because she made it to the show but paired up with a stranger named Mike, they said they'd pair me up with another but... I knew it wouldn't happen, I just didn't know they would split us up.

Thing is I had the best tracker in BC lined up and excited to give me some lessons, on the Island, and I had a lot of prep planned but when I found out that they didn't want me I scrapped those plans. Pretty disappointing. Because I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have made all the same mistakes that most of the prey keep doing episode after episode. But then again I may have just snuck off at night and made it a true chase, who cares if it didn't make it on the air.
Richianity

Post by Richianity »

Ya I don't get why they don't move a bit during the night. There must be some kind of rule saying only when the sun is up for something.
Scooter
Site Administrator

Post by Scooter »

[mental note in case of getting on show] ... package of amphetamines & head lamp ... [/mental note]

TheHamsterizer

Post by TheHamsterizer »

Mantracker is fucking stupid. I thought you guys were smart. I hear Glee is taking new members next month, are you creaming your pants or what?
If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong
Mike

Post by Mike »

Wow, you're angry today.
All of my company reviews and experience (The Planting Company, Windfirm, ELF, Folklore, Dynamic, Timberline, Eric Boyd, Wagner, Little Smokey, Leader, plus my lists for summer work and coastal) can be found at the start of the Folklore review due to URL and character limits.

Folklore, 2011: http://tinyurl.com/anl6mkd