Your 2010 Season

Gossip, rumours, and random thoughts. Imagine 1000+ people sitting around a campfire: planters, foremen, owners, and foresters. Add kegs. Now imagine the chaos.
mel_eff
Replant Forums Highballer

Your 2010 Season

Post by mel_eff »

Enough bitching about this past season. Did anyone learn anything? Any good stories? How about some good pictures? Or any good music you discovered?

This year I discovered Manu Chao, the Drive By Truckers, re-discovered Ween, the Grateful Dead and Morcheeba, and learned to tolerate dubstep (just personal preference, I am not dissing dubstep).

As for photos, I've got a few of my faves below.

A fun story: Canada Day this year fell on day 2 so no one really went too wild, but we did have other "real people" in the campground we were in. So the next morning we were all standing around the crew van smoking and drinking coffee waiting to go out, and a VERY intoxicated dude came over and starting talking shit to us about how we are just as bad as the mills who have the trees cut down, we're a bunch of hippies, etc, etc. He did eventually go away but not before looking at our company logo and yelled "Fuck you and all your rhinos!". It became one of those sayings that stuck around for the rest of the season. Funny.

There's my touchy feely reminder of why we plant. The fun times, the breathtaking scenery, the hilariousness of disorganized bullshit, the substance abuse, and making friends you'll never forget. And of course, the dolla dolla bills.
Attachments
yellowhead_lake.jpg
yellowhead_lake.jpg (83.69 KiB) Viewed 1107 times
the_gauntlet.jpg
the_gauntlet.jpg (97.3 KiB) Viewed 1107 times
rainforest1.jpg
rainforest1.jpg (117.63 KiB) Viewed 1107 times
Expect delays.
krahn
Replant Forums Highballer

Re: Your 2010 Season

Post by krahn »

great pics! love that first one, where is it?

funny about manu chao. i discovered them my very first season, well i had heard king of bongo ages before but i really got a dose of manu that season, and the year after. they were a planting pre-requisite it seemed. however since then they've all but disappeared from the camps i've lived in.

dubstep! it really has taken over. i personally listen to a ton of it. thought it would be great for planting... but... not really. i don't know, if it's the pace or that it's a bit too dark for the most part, but i didn't listen to much out there. my favorite planting album still was Hosannas From The Basements Of Hell, from Killing Joke. it just works.

my season was short though, three shifts for two companies, spaced out. bad knees, retired. mostly just to visit with friends. however... maybe i just lucked out but prices were really, really good at both contracts. it really sucked not being able to take advantage of it. and just after my last day, Mantracker rolled through the blocks and i missed that too!

so 2010 was super short but i had good times.