Random Video (Celtic?)

Post links to other useful sites and videos, planting or forestry or otherwise. Visible to unregistered users.
Scooter
Site Administrator

Random Video (Celtic?)

Post by Scooter »

This one has some really good footage. Puts my videos to shame:

http://vimeo.com/30620242

I don't know if it's on YouTube yet, so I can't embed it at the moment.
Free download of "Step By Step" training book: www.replant.ca/digitaldownloads
Personal Email: jonathan.scooter.clark@gmail.com

Sponsor Tree Planting: www.replant-environmental.ca
(to build community forests, not to be turned into 2x4's and toilet paper)
Mike
Replant Forums Highballer

Re: Random Video (Celtic?)

Post by Mike »

At the end, you get clear footage of the staff planter planting a tree, ripping a piece of flagging, then bending over a second time to set the flagging beside the tree. This hurts my brain.
All of my company reviews and experience (The Planting Company, Windfirm, ELF, Folklore, Dynamic, Timberline, Eric Boyd, Wagner, Little Smokey, Leader, plus my lists for summer work and coastal) can be found at the start of the Folklore review due to URL and character limits.

Folklore, 2011: http://tinyurl.com/anl6mkd
Pandion

Post by Pandion »

What's up with all the long staff shovels? Why do people carry flagging tape in their mouths? Someone needs to show these planters how to plant more efficiently, it is definitely a little hard to watch. I wonder what the prices were.
Rob the Checker
Starting to Post

Post by Rob the Checker »

It is Celtic - In Clearwater - Blue River Area
Coaster

Post by Coaster »

The staff planter at the end is planting fertilizer T-Bags in separate holes next to the seedling. That's the second move your seeing. His technique looks pretty good to me.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Ah, that explains it.
All of my company reviews and experience (The Planting Company, Windfirm, ELF, Folklore, Dynamic, Timberline, Eric Boyd, Wagner, Little Smokey, Leader, plus my lists for summer work and coastal) can be found at the start of the Folklore review due to URL and character limits.

Folklore, 2011: http://tinyurl.com/anl6mkd
Tupperfan

Post by Tupperfan »

Really good-looking vid! And yes, planting teabags is weird at times; mostly when done through a coconut mat with a life-jacket on (don't ask)...

Also, classic mistake when they change the tire and the truck doesn't seem to be jacked quite high enough (I'm not judging, I definitely did that too).
newb

Post by newb »

Pandion wrote:What's up with all the long staff shovels? Why do people carry flagging tape in their mouths? Someone needs to show these planters how to plant more efficiently, it is definitely a little hard to watch. I wonder what the prices were.
lols, I liked Pandions comment. Also, I do not know how I ended up in here, in this section of replant.

My friendly advice to people in similar situations.

When planting burns, burn blocks, exposed mineral soil, and the interior (ex: planter at 4:10 and 4:41), it is well worth it to train your eyes to see trees. It usually only takes a shift to get adjusted.

Towards the end (5:42), the planter does a good job of not flagging but struggled when it came to the fert (bending over twice for every tree).

Grab the fert and hold it in the palm of your hand with little finger → then grab a tree with the same hand → Proceed to planting the tree → then “plant” the fert while you are still bent over

This will get rid of the doubly bending over, and no time is wasted. Fert blocks can be big money with proper technique.

Both seeing your trees and proper fert’ing technique are fundamental to becoming a strong planter.

Overall, I enjoyed the vimeo :)
Tonofclay
Starting to Post

Post by Tonofclay »

Wicked video! Really enjoyed this.