Asolo Power Matic 500

And that's what I'm gonna do. Wait, sorry, I got distracted. Everyone talks about boots, so they get their own special forum.
twitch
Regular Contributor

Asolo Power Matic 500

Post by twitch »

Hey,

I've been looking to get some new boots this season and came across the asolo power matic 500's while going in to try on the 200's of the same model, both look like excellent boots with the 500's built like tanks and the 200's being a bit more lightweight and being more comfortable right out of the box. I'm interested in the 500's but was warned that they're a bit nasty to break in, and seeing how i really only have a couple weeks to break them in I'm looking for some advice. has anyone here tried either of these models and have and positive or negative feedback? perhaps even pro's and con's of the 200's vs. the 500's ?

any advice is appreciated,

Thanks.
joshwords
Starting to Post

Re: Asolo Power Matic 500

Post by joshwords »

I have not used the 500s but I have a good history with the 200s. They are very lightweight and extremely tough. In all my seasons I have never once had sore feet with them. I plant in the interior and we usually have a fair amount of slash so because of the screefing I have to get a new pair for every season but they last until the end for sure. They have been times where I probably could have used them again a little for the next season but I'd rather not take out two sets of boots and wait for the old ones to break if you know what I mean.
I don't know anything about the 500s though.
Brandini
Regular Contributor

Re: Asolo Power Matic 500

Post by Brandini »

I use the asolo granite, worth trying on and they live up to the name. They are heavier with serious rubber around the toe. They last two seasons if you avoid constantly kicking your shovel.