Grizzly Bear locked in Toyota

Gossip, rumours, and random thoughts. Imagine 1000+ people sitting around a campfire: planters, foremen, owners, and foresters. Add kegs. Now imagine the chaos.
Scooter
Site Administrator

Grizzly Bear locked in Toyota

Post by Scooter »

Although I haven't got any way of verifying all this, the following is an email I just got from someone. It apparently happened in Waterton, Alberta (just south of Pincher Creek, pretty close to some blocks that I did two years ago).

Here's the description of the story (I fixed up the grammar somewhat):
A man in Waterton, came out to find the inside of his 18 month old Toyota Sequoia trashed. A grizzly bear had somehow got a door open (easy considering the way the handles are) and once inside got trapped when the door shut behind him. Probably by the wind.

The Toyota was a platinum edition. All the door panels were ripped off, the headliner torn to pieces, all headrests, the leather seats, the dash shredded. The steering column was twisted sideways. Two of the six airbags went off, and the other four were ripped to pieces.

When the bear ripped off the door panels he also clawed all the wiring harnesses out. Toyota figures that every wire he pulled or clawed at resulted in alarm bells, voices, or sparks. The head mechanic at Calgary Toyota doubted if they had the expertise to put this vehicle back together, even if they had enough parts to do it.

To add insult to injury, the bear took a big dump in the back of the SUV.... and then broke out the rear window.

Fish and wildlife officers have inspected the damage and figure it was a 3 year old Grizzley. From blood left behind they are doing DNA.

The vehicle has been written off by the insurance company. The cost new was over $70,000, and they stopped counting repair costs at $60,000+.

Here are the photos:

Free download of "Step By Step" training book: www.replant.ca/digitaldownloads
Personal Email: jonathan.scooter.clark@gmail.com

Sponsor Tree Planting: www.replant-environmental.ca
(to build community forests, not to be turned into 2x4's and toilet paper)
pantsareamyth
Starting to Post

Re: Grizzly Bear locked in Toyota

Post by pantsareamyth »

Last edited by pantsareamyth on Sat Feb 20, 2016 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jdtesluk
Replant Forums Highballer

Post by jdtesluk »

If someone would have just cracked a window for the little fellow, I'm sure this would have been prevented. :-)
Seabass
Replant Forums Highballer

Post by Seabass »

That bear's going to get a quality fine, he missed a spot in the second picture as well as a headrest.