Sewing Bags?

Where to get it, supplier contact information and websites, questions & suggestions, etc. Everything but boots - they get their own forum.
retrovertigo
Replant Forums Highballer

Sewing Bags?

Post by retrovertigo »

What do you guys use to sew up your sad-sacks? I've been told to use fishing line - I'm not a fisher, are there certain makes that are more durable than others? Better options? thanks
chrisdunn

Re: Sewing Bags?

Post by chrisdunn »

Never sewn my bags, but I use waxed dental floss tape for my buttons. Pretty strong stuff and it holds knots well.
Sowsun
Regular Contributor

Post by Sowsun »

Hey Retrovertigo,

I sewed my bags this last season, and found it was very helpful. I purchased the 'speedy stitcher' from homehardware, which came with industrial style thread (similar to fishing line). I used it to sew flagging pouches onto both of my bags (I am an ambi-planter) as well to sew my waist strap to a (more) permanent position, so that it could no longer loosen on its own throughout my bag-up. It wasn't overly expensive, about $20-$30.

Hope that helps.
somesilviguy

Post by somesilviguy »

retrovertigo

Post by retrovertigo »

thanks guys, I'll take a look at MEC for the speed stitcher.
Brandini
Regular Contributor

Post by Brandini »

I managed to repair the middle seam on the bucket with zap straps, using a soldering iron to poke clean holes. You can't go all the way around as zap straps will chafe your shorts/pants/rain gear/kilt.