Viking Caulk Boot Sizing Help

And that's what I'm gonna do. Wait, sorry, I got distracted. Everyone talks about boots, so they get their own special forum.
fr88
Regular Contributor

Viking Caulk Boot Sizing Help

Post by fr88 »

I'm looking at some Viking orange caulks and wonder how they size. Do they size small or big? Do you size up or down when buying caulks? And no, I don't do bamas. Thanks in advance
newb
Replant Forums Highballer

Re: Viking Caulk Boot Sizing Help

Post by newb »

Will you be using a felt liner, sole inserts, and doubling up on wool socks ? All reasons you may need to size up.

Some companies, Viking and Viberg (unless they are custom), do not offer half sizes. I am a size 11.5 in running shoes, but and i size up to 12 for caulks boots.
retrovertigo

Post by retrovertigo »

I'd say round up. My caulks always seem to shrink over time, possibly because of all the time they spend drying out in front of a fireplace during the spring coastal season.
retrovertigo

Post by retrovertigo »

sry, dbl post
Last edited by retrovertigo on Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fr88
Regular Contributor

Post by fr88 »

Cool, thanks guys, thing is I'm an exact size 8, hope it fits cause I got to order it online.
mwainwright

Post by mwainwright »

get a 9 and put the felt liners in. the only way to go, in my opinion.
backcountrysister

Post by backcountrysister »

mwainwright wrote:get a 9 and put the felt liners in. the only way to go, in my opinion.
Agreed. I would personally stay away from the vikings. I never had good luck with them.they cut the top of my feet with bamas. Felt liners on the coast are a must.I do that with Vibergs. But get 2 pairs of felt liners that way you always have a dry pair even if you boots dont completely dry over nite. this time of year you can get them cheap at walmart for $10 or so.
roughing it in the rough
newb

Post by newb »

backcountrysister wrote:I do that with Vibergs
Are you talking about the Viberg 200 Woodsman ?

Apparently the sole of that boot has been outsource and is no longer the same quality it used to be. The individual caulks get ripped out very easily. The new pair I bought for the 2012 Fall contract has too many caulks missing on each boot for me to use for the upcoming coastal plant. I would have to get them completely resoled.

I did enjoy having them, but I no longer think they are worth it.

backcountrysister, have you experienced the same problem ?
backcountrysister

Post by backcountrysister »

newb wrote:
backcountrysister wrote:I do that with Vibergs
Are you talking about the Viberg 200 Woodsman ?

Apparently the sole of that boot has been outsource and is no longer the same quality it used to be. The individual caulks get ripped out very easily. The new pair I bought for the 2012 Fall contract has too many caulks missing on each boot for me to use for the upcoming coastal plant. I would have to get them completely resoled.

I did enjoy having them, but I no longer think they are worth it.

backcountrysister, have you experienced the same problem ?
I use the woodsman. No issues. Have you thought about having the boots re caulked? it maybe the cheapest way to go.
roughing it in the rough