Companies that work before May 1st or after September 1st

Here's the best place to ask specific questions.
Mike
Replant Forums Highballer

Companies that work before May 1st or after September 1st

Post by Mike »

This is looking at planting primarily. Companies that offer off season brushing/spacing I'll list, but at the end. Looking for what months companies work in primarily. Interested in the before May 1st/after September 1st timeframe. Doesn't have to be this years start dates, but overall trends. Any help on this chart would be greatly appreciated. Anyone I'm missing, help would be appreciated.

Code: Select all

Spring Coastal:                                             Has interior work they might want you to do:                         Fall coastal/other stuff
Brinkman: End of February/Start of March-April              May-June-July                                                        End of August-Sept-Mid Oct
Impact Reforestation:
Fieldstone: February-April                                  May-June-Some July?                                                  End of August-Sept-Oct-occasionally November?
Osprey:
Sitka:
Zanzibar: end of February-April                             May-June-small amounts of july                                       No?
Coast Range: Mid February-April                             Yes
Bivouac West: End of January-April                          May-June                                                             Sept-Oct
Wagner: End of January-???                                                                                                       End of August-Sept
Timberline: End of February-April (early May)               May-June                                                             End of August-Sept-Oct
Evergreen: May-April-early May                              May-June                                                             End of August-Sept-Early Oct
Nootka: End of January-May                                                                                                       September
Rainforest:
Stefan Contracting:

??Raven Ventures:
Dynamic:                                                    May-June-July                                                        Small amount of Sept work
Greenpeaks/GRM:                                             May-June                                                             Small amount of Sept work.
Also, coded charts aren't search indexed, apparently, so: Brinkman, Impact, Fieldstone, Osprey, Sitka, Zanzibar, Coast Range, Bivoua West, Wagner, Timberline, Evergreen, Nootka, Rainforest, Stefan, Raven Ventures, Dynamic, Greenpeaks GRM.

Missing full info for: Impact, Osprey, Sitka, Rainforest, Stefan, Raven Ventures, and anyone I've forgotten to list. Will dig through replant.ca to try to compile rumours later. Missing partial info for Wagner interior/fall and Coast Range fall.
Last edited by Mike on Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:35 am, edited 8 times in total.
All of my company reviews and experience (The Planting Company, Windfirm, ELF, Folklore, Dynamic, Timberline, Eric Boyd, Wagner, Little Smokey, Leader, plus my lists for summer work and coastal) can be found at the start of the Folklore review due to URL and character limits.

Folklore, 2011: http://tinyurl.com/anl6mkd
Gingerplanter

Re: Companies that work before May 1st or after September 1s

Post by Gingerplanter »

Mike wrote:This is looking at planting primarily. Companies that offer off season brushing/spacing I'll list, but at the end. Looking for what months companies work in primarily. Interested in the before May 1st/after September 1st timeframe. Doesn't have to be this years start dates, but overall trends. Any help on this chart would be greatly appreciated. Anyone I'm missing, help would be appreciated.

Code: Select all

Spring Coastal:                                             Has interior work they might want you to do:                         Fall coastal/other stuff
Brinkman: End of February/Start of March-April              May-June-July                                                        End of August-Sept-Mid Oct
Impact Reforestation:
Fieldstone: February-April                                  May-June-Some July?                                                  End of August-Sept-Oct-occasionally November?
Osprey:
Sitka:
Zanzibar: end of February-April                             May-June-small amounts of july                                       No?
Coast Range: Mid February-April                             Yes
Bivouac West: End of January-April                          May-June                                                             Sept-Oct
Wagner: End of January-???                                                                                                       End of August-Sept
Timberline: End of February-April (early May)               May-June                                                             End of August-Sept-Oct
Evergreen: May-April-early May                              May-June                                                             End of August-Sept-Early Oct
Nootka: End of January-May                                                                                                       September
Rainforest:
Stefan Contracting:

??Raven Ventures:
Dynamic:                                                    May-June-July                                                        Small amount of Sept work
Greenpeaks/GRM:                                             May-June                                                             Small amount of Sept work.
Also, coded charts aren't search indexed, apparently, so: Brinkman, Impact, Fieldstone, Osprey, Sitka, Zanzibar, Coast Range, Bivoua West, Wagner, Timberline, Evergreen, Nootka, Rainforest, Stefan, Raven Ventures, Dynamic, Greenpeaks GRM.

Missing full info for: Impact, Osprey, Sitka, Rainforest, Stefan, Raven Ventures, and anyone I've forgotten to list. Will dig through replant.ca to try to compile rumours later. Missing partial info for Wagner interior/fall and Coast Range fall.

It seems like there is someone on these boards who has more time on their hands than I do, hard to believe. Why don't you try emailing contractors, or calling them, you might get some work out of it.
Mike

Post by Mike »

I've already planted 5 days, and I'm sure I'll pick up some more work :p ...you should see the spreadsheet I'm not posting.

This is more for other people.
All of my company reviews and experience (The Planting Company, Windfirm, ELF, Folklore, Dynamic, Timberline, Eric Boyd, Wagner, Little Smokey, Leader, plus my lists for summer work and coastal) can be found at the start of the Folklore review due to URL and character limits.

Scooter
Site Administrator

Post by Scooter »

Five? How many did you plant in Scotland in the past few months?
Free download of "Step By Step" training book: www.replant.ca/digitaldownloads
Personal Email: jonathan.scooter.clark@gmail.com

Sponsor Tree Planting: www.replant-environmental.ca
(to build community forests, not to be turned into 2x4's and toilet paper)
Mike

Post by Mike »

Count restarts at 2013.

backcountrysister

Post by backcountrysister »

Evergreen starts late feb - early march
roughing it in the rough
Mike

Re: Companies that work before May 1st or after September 1st

Post by Mike »

Bumping to point out I don't have Integrity on that list, but also don't have time to update, so.

Gingerplanter

Post by Gingerplanter »

Nooooooooooooooooooooooo. People are hearing about integrity! Go away!
Scooter
Site Administrator

Post by Scooter »

They'll probably get the wrong Integrity. Besides, if Jake only has room for ten people, not much chance newcomers out-of-the-blue will be considered.

But Integrity is a prime example of why I don't like to see contact info for coastal companies posted publicly. If you can't figure out how to contact them through direct planter-to-planter networking, you shouldn't be applying.
Free download of "Step By Step" training book: www.replant.ca/digitaldownloads
Personal Email: jonathan.scooter.clark@gmail.com

Sponsor Tree Planting: www.replant-environmental.ca
(to build community forests, not to be turned into 2x4's and toilet paper)
Mike

Post by Mike »

Hey, I haven't posted any contact information up there, just names and dates. It's up to planters to find a way to contact them.

DanAykroyd69
Regular Contributor

Post by DanAykroyd69 »

What is this "beetle work" I have heard a few planters mention? Not on this threat, but I've heard of it twice now.
granola
Regular Contributor

Post by granola »

DanAykroyd69 wrote:What is this "beetle work" I have heard a few planters mention? Not on this threat, but I've heard of it twice now.
Beetle probing and related work. I'd imagine it's not as active an area as it was during the peak of the pine beetle epidemic.