Great Bear Forest Management Inc.

A forum for discussion about various silviculture companies. No defamation please!
Jimbo the Mook
Regular Contributor

Great Bear Forest Management Inc.

Post by Jimbo the Mook »

Just curious if anyone has heard or dealt with these guys before? It sounds like they do a bunch of brushing and cutting work around Terrace.
Tnalp
Replant Forums Highballer

Re: Great Bear Forest Management Inc.

Post by Tnalp »

Always hiring on the different job boards.. first sign of trouble! Type of owner who will send you on the remote North Coast in November to live in a tent and cook for yourself and if you complain about anything will tell you to find your own way back.
Jimbo the Mook
Regular Contributor

Post by Jimbo the Mook »

Thanks Tnalp! I gathered as much when I saw their ad on one of those job boards you spoke of... Hmm, while I wouldn't mind my brushing season to last into November, living in a tent and cooking for myself doesn't sound all that appealing on the north coast at that time of year.
mwainwright
Replant Forums Highballer

Post by mwainwright »

In November and December 2017 I was on a job on Porcher island, where the contract was split between Stephan Contracting and Great Bear. Or maybe we subcontracted through them, I can’t remember. We didn’t actually work with them, but worked next to them quite a bit. I saw everything Dave mentioned above, and more. While they’re Probably not even close to the worst company you could work for, I got the sense they just didn’t pay enough to retain quality workers.