the best hat I've had in a while

Where to get it, supplier contact information and websites, questions & suggestions, etc. Everything but boots - they get their own forum.
newforest
Replant Forums Highballer

the best hat I've had in a while

Post by newforest »

I'm always looking for big wide hats to wear while planting. I used to hope I could find an actual working Sombrero like they might use while actually working in Mexico, but all I can ever find is the decorative ones that are for hanging on the wall.

Now I found one that is not all that durable, but that's because it is nice and light. And I'm pretty sure it is the widest hat I have ever purchased, and that is my #1 criteria when shopping for a hat.

I would expect it to last most of a planting season but perhaps not all, and then I will probably buy another one someday. A few weeks into owning it, I did reinforce the weak points. I bought it at a sporting goods store but it is available online from Quicksilver, a surf/snowboard type clothing line.

The reinforcement technology? Well I had to break into my stash for that one. I missed my chance to sell that roll of duct tape at the market peak of $12 and triple my investment, so I decided to recoup my four bucks by putting ole Justin to work accomplishing something useful for a change.

And that bit of gear surgery quite improved the function, as it stiffened up the brim and actually increased the shade. Thanks Justin!