Truck Training Funding While on EI?

Gossip, rumours, and random thoughts. Imagine 1000+ people sitting around a campfire: planters, foremen, owners, and foresters. Add kegs. Now imagine the chaos.
steel8909
Replant Forums Highballer

Truck Training Funding While on EI?

Post by steel8909 »

Hello guys,

So my winter plans fell through so now I'm on EI. This is my first time so wondering how easy or difficult it is to get approved for job training? I'm thinking of just driving a truck in the winter if I can get some funding (or atleast partial) since where I am in Prince George, looks like getting a Class 3 will run $3200 and Class 1 $7500 :shock:

I went to the local WorkBC office, but they didn't give me much information other than I have to attend an orientation which is later this week. So if anyone has experience with getting funding through EI,how exactly does the process work and does it take much time?
theBushman

Re: Truck Training Funding While on EI?

Post by theBushman »

Go to one of those services with the resume clinics and job hunt tools. They have advisers that find EI funding everyday.
Ex Tree Runner, Fibre Technician & Lifelong Bushman
@PaultheBushman
Instagram
retrovertigo

Post by retrovertigo »

Friend of mine did it a couple years ago, they paid for him to take some mechanic courses. He said it was annoying working with them during the process, but once he was approved it was great - he even got a weekly gas allowance to drive to school. I think they'll want to do the course application with you, so don't apply in advance.
steel8909

Post by steel8909 »

retrovertigo wrote:Friend of mine did it a couple years ago, they paid for him to take some mechanic courses. He said it was annoying working with them during the process, but once he was approved it was great - he even got a weekly gas allowance to drive to school. I think they'll want to do the course application with you, so don't apply in advance.
Well let's hope I get the same outcome!
steel8909

Post by steel8909 »

So orientation was today, not sure why I had to wait 3 weeks to attend just to fill out an online application I could have done at home. Now another two weeks before I can talk to a job coach. Might as well pay for the training myself because at this pace looks like I'll be back to work before the funding gets approved lol