Evergreen Forest Services

A forum for discussion about various silviculture companies. No defamation please!
replant
Site Administrator

Evergreen Forest Services

Post by replant »

This thread is devoted to gossip and discussion for employees and stakeholders of the Evergreen Forest Services (formerly the Evergreen Planting Co-Op).

This company is believed to work predominantly in British Columbia, doing coastal work.

Their last known contact information is:
Evergreen
Replant Forums Highballer

New Evergreen

Post by Evergreen »

Evergreen Forest Services Ltd. is the real name of this company. We ceased being a cooperative in 1996.

Our season starts in early March and lasts through to September. We plant onthe coast and in the interior of B.C.
Last edited by Evergreen on Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
daleks

Post by daleks »

Luxury.....LUXURY.!!!......LL..UU..XX..UU..RR..YY..?????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...you have luxury :? :?: :wink: ........well, i drink really good beer....take THAT
DON'T PANIC
backcountrysister

Re: Evergreen Forest Services

Post by backcountrysister »

Evergreen- started off as co-op after the crew mutinied John Grandy. In the early 70's. these guys R one of the originals- In fact, a planter on the crew (who is 56) still plants with a maddoc. Early spring on the coast, interior work and usually a fall plant. Pay very fair, low-low camp cost- I think the most I've paid is 12$ on the coast. they sometimes wave the camp cost too! they have 5 owners who run organized shows. they buy beer for the crew on the last day of each shift. they also reward their planters well. Pay every 2 weeks, no messing around. you work they pay.
to contact them : 250 226 7611
email: egn@telus.net
they have a new website this year...evergreenforestservice.ca or evergreenforestservices.ca I'm just not sure about the "s"
Last edited by backcountrysister on Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
roughing it in the rough
TheHamsterizer

Post by TheHamsterizer »

If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong
kenax
Location: in a truck somewhere in Europe: http://kenax.net/travel

Post by kenax »

Are these guys still in business? Got approached by the new owner of their previous phone number to remove it from my site. Can't seem to find other info on them anywhere. I started off with them and enjoyed working with them, nice coastal and mountainous stuff.
Check out my tree planting website http://hardcoretreeplanters.com/ where I wrote down all my tips how to plant fast and all the other tips I accumulated after 7 years of planting.
Scooter
Site Administrator

Post by Scooter »

Yes, they still plant.
Free download of "Step By Step" training book: www.replant.ca/digitaldownloads
Personal Email: jonathan.scooter.clark@gmail.com

Sponsor Tree Planting: www.replant-environmental.ca
(to build community forests, not to be turned into 2x4's and toilet paper)
PlantinTaders
Regular Contributor

Post by PlantinTaders »

Kenax do the world a favour and just remove everything from your site.

I seriously can't believe your still coming on here.
Onterrible? Albertarded.
East

Post by East »

theyre very active - They do lots of Coastal as well. If you're looking for a coastal contract im pretty sure they're looking for a full-season commitment.
backcountrysister

Since my original post. Alot has changed with this company. They no longer have an office in the kootenays. They have new blood in the mix. So the number is no longer in service. Best thing to do is to email for initial contact.
roughing it in the rough
Evergreen

Post by Evergreen »

Hey Backcountry Sister! So you're still in the game too. Year 42 for me this year. Yes there is some relatively new blood but all 4 partners still have 10 years plus in the business. We've moved our main office to Vancouver Island and do a lot more work out here now although we still have a full interior season in and around the Kootenays. If anyone is looking to contact us about work it's best to email us at egn@netidea.com. We have a very full crew for the 2016 spring season both on the coast and in the interior with lots of people on our waiting list. I've never seen a year with so many people applying for work - particularly coast work. You never know how the season will unfold so we may still need people if we encounter weather delays in the coastal inlets.
backcountrysister

Evergreen! ! Yeah, I'm no longer doing management and put the bags back on. would love to you see you in CR. Lost your personal # so, can't call to reconnect. I'll pm your personal FB
roughing it in the rough
JonCedarteeth
Regular Contributor

Post by JonCedarteeth »

Anybody know anything about Evergreen's Revelstoke work? Pricing, land, drive lengths, etc.
leftcoast
Starting to Post

Post by leftcoast »

The Revy work is solid. Work for Stella Jones, Downie and they maybe got the BCTS work as well next year.

Prices range from.20-.35, depending on drives and terrain. Ground close to town was always .20 -.24, some of that is stumped or mounded, some raw. Prices North of town go up considerably into the .30's. Fert pays $.04, 512A's pay $.03 on top of base rates.

Jon Curry is the Supervisor there. Very organized, productive, but relaxed atmosphere.

Last year there were 2 shifts of very long drives up to Mica Dam, prices and money were good but the drive was too long. They are moving into the Hydro camp for the North work this year.