Green Peaks Holdings Ltd.

A forum for discussion about various silviculture companies. No defamation please!
replant
Site Administrator

Green Peaks Holdings Ltd.

Post by replant »

This thread is devoted to gossip and discussion for employees and stakeholders of Green Peaks Holdings Ltd.

This company is believed to work predominantly in British Columbia.

Their last known contact information is:

Box 140
Balfour, BC
V0H 1J0
Phone: (250) 229-5474
Greg M.
Forum Moderator

Re: Green Peaks Holdings Ltd.

Post by Greg M. »

Any new info for these guys?

Season, contracts, locations, paydays, I heard they changed their name but it's the same guys running it?
Mike
Replant Forums Highballer

Post by Mike »

They work out of Greenwood, BC. I know they have at least a couple lifers (25+ years). I last heard they only do spring plants and might do some other forestry work (Brushing).
All of my company reviews and experience (The Planting Company, Windfirm, ELF, Folklore, Dynamic, Timberline, Eric Boyd, Wagner, Little Smokey, Leader, plus my lists for summer work and coastal) can be found at the start of the Folklore review due to URL and character limits.

Folklore, 2011: http://tinyurl.com/anl6mkd
Coaster

Post by Coaster »

They also work out of the Kootenay Lake area running local crews doing a spectrum of silviculture work. They're in tight with smaller mills in that area. If you don't live in the Boundary or West Kootenay area chances are they wouldn't need to hire you. Good solid outfit with lots of experience.
Greg M.
Forum Moderator

Post by Greg M. »

Thanks Seabass, I saw that there, I wasswondering why the name change..
Coaster

Post by Coaster »

The name change is because Denis Graham sold out. He was one of the original founders of Greenpeaks and he's retired. His partner George Hayhurst likely kept the name and is operating under Greenpeaks in the Nelson-Trail area. Denis' supervisor and foreman now operate the new company which works out of the Grand Forks and Nakusp areas.
Scooter
Site Administrator

Post by Scooter »

There is another company called GRM (Greenpeaks Resource Management) and there seems to be some confusion between two companies with similar names and roots. I'll try to get some more comprehensive information to clarify all this. Coaster's post (above) is a good start, although I'm still confused.
Free download of "Step By Step" training book: www.replant.ca/digitaldownloads
Personal Email: jonathan.scooter.clark@gmail.com

Sponsor Tree Planting: www.replant-environmental.ca
(to build community forests, not to be turned into 2x4's and toilet paper)