Avenza Photos question

Here's the best place to ask specific questions.
Scooter
Site Administrator

Avenza Photos question

Post by Scooter »

Let's say I have a contract overview map loaded in Avenza. As I go through the area, viewing all of the blocks, I put a pin onto each block as I go. I name the pins according to the block number (let's say they're called B1, B2, B3 ...). At each block, I take a number of photos within the pin. These automatically get named B1_1, B1_2, B1_3, B2_1, B2_2, B2_3 ...).

Is there any way to "bulk download" these photos into another part of your device, or to "bulk share" by uploading them all (with their appropriate names) to Dropbox, etc.? I don't see any way to do this, but it would be convenient.

FYI, I'm using a very old version (Avenza 1.7.3) on Android, on purpose, and I haven't updated to the new version yet.
Free download of "Step By Step" training book: www.replant.ca/digitaldownloads
Personal Email: jonathan.scooter.clark@gmail.com

Sponsor Tree Planting: www.replant-environmental.ca
(to build community forests, not to be turned into 2x4's and toilet paper)
The Rev
Replant Forums Highballer

Re: Avenza Photos question

Post by The Rev »

Don't think its possible - When you export the pin(s) as part of the layer - I think the only way to view the photos (again) is to open the pins again in Avenza

Double checking, however
The Rev

Post by The Rev »

From Avenza:

I would double check that the photos aren’t saved already on your device. They wouldn’t necessarily show up in the photo Gallery on your phone, they may show up in the My Files app (could be in a Samsung Folder). If you open up “My Files” and go to the Images folder, there could be the option for AvenzaMapsPhotos or something along those lines. If not, then there is the option to manually download the photos individually to your device, but it seems like you’re interested in a bulk download more.
As all photos are attached to your pins, you’d have to export the pins and then extract the photos from the exported file. To export your map features (ie pins), open up the overview map, go to the Map Features window (placemark with three lines in the bottom right), select the orange button in the bottom right and tap Export Layers. Ensure that you select KML format and export to Dropbox. You can then download the file from Dropbox to your computer, extract the kml/kmz file, open up the extracted folder, go to “images” and all of your image files (with appropriate names) associated with your pins will be accessible there.

Hopefully that helps
Scooter
Site Administrator

Post by Scooter »

Brilliant! I had tried that method, but it didn't show that the KMZ was an archive, so there wasn't an "extract" option when I right-clicked (win10). However, when I just read your post, I decided to persevere and try harder. I tried the "open with" option again, and it defaulted to opening the set of pins in Google Earth Pro. So instead I tried the "open with" option. Still no luck, no archival programs came up as options. So I then tried "search for another app" and pointed it to WinRAR manually, and it worked! I can see the images folder, and I can go into it and ctrl-A then ctrl-C to highlight and copy the whole group, and then paste them into any other folder within Windows Explorer.

So helpful. Many thanks ...
Free download of "Step By Step" training book: www.replant.ca/digitaldownloads
Personal Email: jonathan.scooter.clark@gmail.com

Sponsor Tree Planting: www.replant-environmental.ca
(to build community forests, not to be turned into 2x4's and toilet paper)
The Rev

Post by The Rev »

Ya - no worries

Sometimes it good to be a "pro"