Personal Best Thread

Gossip, rumours, and random thoughts. Imagine 1000+ people sitting around a campfire: planters, foremen, owners, and foresters. Add kegs. Now imagine the chaos.
Mike
Replant Forums Highballer

Personal Best Thread

Post by Mike »

There used to be a 3-4 page thread here about peoples personal bests, but I really suck at searching apparently. Anyone able to shoot me a link?
All of my company reviews and experience (The Planting Company, Windfirm, ELF, Folklore, Dynamic, Timberline, Eric Boyd, Wagner, Little Smokey, Leader, plus my lists for summer work and coastal) can be found at the start of the Folklore review due to URL and character limits.

Folklore, 2011: http://tinyurl.com/anl6mkd
jono

Re: Personal Best Thread

Post by jono »

Hmm.... I've been looking for that thread too. However, if no one replied to you after 6 years my chances look pretty grim.
jdtesluk

Post by jdtesluk »

Personal bests.....I ate 23 buttermilk waffles at my Aunt and Uncle's house one morning on a summer morning in 2016. Conditions were perfect. A family record, and personal best. This included some bacon on the side and a bowl of cereal. I could probably have gone for 30, but I wanted my record to reflect the equally impressive feat of Michael Phelps winning his 23rd Olympic gold. Equally impressive. One golden waffle for each golden medal.

Let them try, I say.
Scooter
Site Administrator

Post by Scooter »

I love eating Premium Plus crackers with soup. A few weeks ago, I had two and a half sleeves of crackers with a single very large bowl of chicken soup. That's around 80 crackers. Definitely a PB for me.
Free download of "Step By Step" training book: www.replant.ca/digitaldownloads
Personal Email: jonathan.scooter.clark@gmail.com

Sponsor Tree Planting: www.replant-environmental.ca
(to build community forests, not to be turned into 2x4's and toilet paper)
whitepickup

Post by whitepickup »

I do a PB with Jam every morning for breakfast.
Scooter
Site Administrator

Post by Scooter »

After 10 years of PBJ's while planting, I swore off them for two decades. And just a few days ago, I had one for the first time in 20 years. It was marvelous. What was I thinking?

The Rev

Post by The Rev »

Scooter wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 2:55 pm I love eating Premium Plus crackers with soup. A few weeks ago, I had two and a half sleeves of crackers with a single very large bowl of chicken soup. That's around 80 crackers. Definitely a PB for me.
yikes - easy on the sodium intake !
newforest

Post by newforest »

Y’all never got to plant seedlings packed in estimated quantities per bundle/box/bag, etc. With those, maybe you got an amazing new PB. Other times, maybe the company did.
jono

Post by jono »

Scooter wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 2:55 pm I love eating Premium Plus crackers with soup. A few weeks ago, I had two and a half sleeves of crackers with a single very large bowl of chicken soup. That's around 80 crackers. Definitely a PB for me.
In all seriousness, are threads being purposely deleted, or lost due to some error/corruption with the site infrastructure? Regardless, it would be a shame if the many years of accumulated knowledge and tree planting history on this site was lost.
Scooter
Site Administrator

Post by Scooter »

Whoever started the original topic probably deleted it.