WEBSITE DOWN

Here's the best place to ask specific questions.
Scooter
Site Administrator

WEBSITE DOWN

Post by Scooter »

As some of you have noticed and mentioned, the Replant website was offline for the past several days. As were all of my other couple dozen websites.

I've been having troubles with my ISP. I've been with the current provider for 22 years, but their service is going downhill. I'm working with a couple friends to port everything over to a different ISP.

Any changes/posts made here for the next 72 hours may get lost in the process of migrating the board, but everything up to this point has been backed up already.
Free download of "Step By Step" training book: www.replant.ca/digitaldownloads
Personal Email: jonathan.scooter.clark@gmail.com

Sponsor Tree Planting: www.replant-environmental.ca
(to build community forests, not to be turned into 2x4's and toilet paper)
Scooter
Site Administrator

Re: WEBSITE DOWN

Post by Scooter »

Ok, this message board, and the main Replant.ca website, and all of my other websites, have been migrated to a new server over the past two weeks. In addition, the phpbb coding that runs this board has been significantly updated, as we hadn't done any of the periodic maintenance-release updates in two full years.

It appears that the site has been behaving itself for the past four days. Some of you may notice a slightly faster response time now, since our new server is hosting the site on SSD drives, rather than the old-style HDD discs.

I'm cautiously optimistic that I'm going to start posting stuff here again tomorrow night. I have the results for a couple more jobs that are ready to post.

Just in time for the 20th anniversary since the board first went online in 2004. That's coming up in a few days, on Friday. There will be no party, sorry.

mwainwright
Replant Forums Highballer

Post by mwainwright »

20 years! I just looked, my replant 20th anniversary isn’t till the end of next year. I’m gonna throw the saddest party
Scooter
Site Administrator

Post by Scooter »

I'll hoist a shot of tequila in your honour (unless it's during the planting season).

Damn, I just found out that Facebook is only five days older than this message board.