Planting positions in Cape Breton for 2005

Planting in the Maritimes is very different than planting in Ontario or on the West Coast. Learn why in this forum.
bvwp
Starting to Post

Planting positions in Cape Breton for 2005

Post by bvwp »

PLANTING JOBS available in Cape Breton, NS starting April 4/05

Send resumes or inquiries to bvwp@ns.sympatico.ca
Scooter
Site Administrator

Post by Scooter »

The above posting was made by a friend of my father's. I cannot attest as to what the work would be like, but it is certainly a legitimate post. If you really want to plant, and you're from Cape Breton or close, and you don't want to work outside Nova Scotia, this might be worth looking into. You can probably expect a shorter season (I'm guessing) than you would get out west. For someone who lives in Cape Breton and who wants to get just a taste of planting, this might be the way to do it, before making a huge investment in travelling across the country for a summer. If you planted in Nova Scotia for a year and decided you actually enjoyed it, then you've at least got some experience under your belt if you go job-searching elsewhere. You'd also have a different skill-set developed, since the work isn't quite the same as it would be in Western Canada. Tree prices are rumoured to be much lower in the Maritimes than elsewhere, but there are trade-offs with everything. I'm also guessing that you wouldn't have to live in a tent camp.

I'll try to find out more about this work and post some more details.
Free download of "Step By Step" training book: www.replant.ca/digitaldownloads
Personal Email: jonathan.scooter.clark@gmail.com

Sponsor Tree Planting: www.replant-environmental.ca
(to build community forests, not to be turned into 2x4's and toilet paper)
Scooter
Site Administrator

Post by Scooter »

I just got an email from Mike to clarify some of the details that would be of interest to planters considering this opportunity:

- Start date of mid-April, which will be contingent upon weather of course.
- Work until approximately the first week of July.
- Work is not as intensive as west coast planting: 8 hour days, five days per week.
- Based out of Baddeck, Nova Scotia.
- Stock/equipment: Jiffy pot planting with dibbles.

Again, if you have more involved questions, please contact Mike at the email address listed above.
Free download of "Step By Step" training book: www.replant.ca/digitaldownloads
Personal Email: jonathan.scooter.clark@gmail.com

Sponsor Tree Planting: www.replant-environmental.ca
(to build community forests, not to be turned into 2x4's and toilet paper)