Cyber Forest

A forum for discussion about various silviculture companies. No defamation please!
Scooter
Site Administrator

Cyber Forest

Post by Scooter »

Here's some contact info for a new company in BC. I'll try to have more details about this company shortly ...

Cyber Forest
16-1422 Golden View Rd.
Golden, BC, V0A 1H1.
Phone: 250 344-6733
Email: cyberforestltd@yahoo.ca
Free download of "Step By Step" training book: www.replant.ca/digitaldownloads
Personal Email: jonathan.scooter.clark@gmail.com

Sponsor Tree Planting: www.replant-environmental.ca
(to build community forests, not to be turned into 2x4's and toilet paper)
Tommy10
Regular Contributor

Re: Cyber Forest

Post by Tommy10 »

Possibly the best contract in BC. The runs are steep and deep, with gorgeous views of glaciers and some of the highest peaks in BC. The ground various from easy pine flats- tough coastal type ground, planting 5 species, and ferting. Great crew, amazing crewbosses, I've had no downtime in 3 years, everything runs smooth like butter, 3-1's, ballers are pulling 5-7 bills. I'd highly recommend it, if you can get a spot!!!!!
Live Like A Rock Star
krahn
Replant Forums Highballer

Post by krahn »

nice, i was wondering how cyber forest worked out. strange company name (it's no Bryan Adams) but it was very tempting to join up with. maybe one day.
panacea
Starting to Post

Post by panacea »

Just wondering if anyone has any new information about this company...reviews etc...the company i worked for has retired and I am looking for a new one...
Screefhead

Post by Screefhead »

Is this the company that was started by one of Zanzibar's ex foreman?
jdtesluk

Post by jdtesluk »

Run by Craig Olivier. He supervised Zanzibar's Golden contract for many many years through 2005 (6?). Then he went independent and took the contract on by himself. It's with Louisiana Pacific, I believe with the odd bit maybe added from woodlots or other sources. I think he runs between 15 and 30 some odd workers starting in early May through June, with summer trees if available. The Golden terrain can vary from ultra-flat easy on the bench and in the Beaverfoot to ultra-gnarl coastal style slashpits up and down Kinbasket. Few places require the diversity of planting skills as Golden, or offer the range of conditions.
Tommy10
Regular Contributor

Post by Tommy10 »

I've worked every contract for Cyber Forest. It's a top notch, professional company, vet's only, the average planter has 10 years experience, with a couple fellows with 30+ years. Great Prices 17-35 cents. Every type of ground you can imagine, tough coastal type stuff, up Kinbasket Lake, too very fast pine flats. They work 3-1's, apartments for accommodations. Tough quality specs, every tree has to be planted in specific micro sites, which changes daily depending on elevation, and dryness of blocks. The contract is smaller this year and he "Craig" had to cut 4 or 5 planters from last year. I'd recommend Cyber to anyone, it's the best money you'll ever make planting.
Live Like A Rock Star
krahn

Post by krahn »

i almost went with them once, maybe i should have. seemed like great people, very professional. but... what's with the name? Cyber Forest?? that's like these old school russians i used to work for who called their company Tree Tech. there was absolutely nothing tech about it.