motoca clothes

Here's the best place to ask specific questions.
David_Thompson

motoca clothes

Post by David_Thompson »

anyone used any motoca gear? I'm looking to buy the pants for the upcoming coastal but not sure what to expect from them. any info about them would be helpful. thanks
krahn
Replant Forums Highballer

Post by krahn »

i tried the bug hat this summer, while i wouldn't use it in heavy blackflies since it's open in front, it's a lot more comfortable than wearing a shirt around your head, it's quite breathable. i was gonna buy the pants but the deakins in vancouver by MEC didn't carry it, didn't have time to get to their other shop since i was about to bus out to the contract in an hour. i've heard good things though.

what i bought instead was these $160 MEC pants that are really tough and a bit stretchy. the hook part comes off easy so had to get another put on, other than that they rock, i don't think i'd plant in anything less anymore.
vacationer
Replant Forums Highballer

Post by vacationer »

Hot weather -- white cotton slacks and white dress shirts. Cold weather -- whatever layers you need, usually incorporating some merino wool underwear, tights, thrift store wool sweaters and a gore-tex shell. Motoca gear is probably fine, and buying new stuff is certainly fun, but most of us could probably find better things to spend the money on. Still, I admit I'm curious to see the stuff. No one I've planted with has mentioned buying it. Where can it be found on the coast?
Patrick80639
Regular Contributor

Post by Patrick80639 »

I don't know anyone who's bought them, either. It seems a bit on the expensive end of the spectrum, but I remember reading this thread and thinking some of their gear might be worth it:

http://www.replant.ca/board/viewtopic.php?t=549

You should be able to find some answers there, at least the company's contact info.