Looking at pairs of boots - what do you think?

And that's what I'm gonna do. Wait, sorry, I got distracted. Everyone talks about boots, so they get their own special forum.
headlessgraphiteaxe
Regular Contributor

Re: Looking at pairs of boots - what do you think?

Post by headlessgraphiteaxe »

I'd go with the scarpa SL M3. Those other ones have too many seems, especially at the front. There are a few reviews from treeplanters on the mec site for the sl m3, apparently they last 2+ seasons.
Guillermo
Regular Contributor

Post by Guillermo »

Definitely go with the M3's if thats what you've narrowed it down to. Stiffer and more durable than those other ones for sure. Also check out the laSportiva Glaciers, one of the best treeplanting boots around. I believe they still sell those at MEC. They are a bit heavier, but you will never notice it, and the extra support and protection they provide your feet make them worth it.
landhammerer
Regular Contributor

Post by landhammerer »

http://www.mec.ca/Products/product_deta ... 1782847447
i love these and you can grab 2 pairs cheap
The more flies you eat, the less there are to bite you
Seabass
Replant Forums Highballer

Post by Seabass »

Go with the M3's if those are the only ones you are considering. The ones that landhammer posted look like complete pieces of shit. I've heard tons of good about the LaSportiva Glaciers as well but never found a pair to check out so I went with the Zamberlan Vioz GT which is the same price as the M3. Excellent boots and 2+ seasons of use.
bhappy
Regular Contributor

Post by bhappy »

Someone else had suggested the Glaciers... but I didn't see them at MEC. I may have seen them at the Expedition Shoppe. I will check there for sure too.
bhappy
Regular Contributor

Post by bhappy »

went with the zamberlan's