BAP Equipment

Where to get it, supplier contact information and websites, questions & suggestions, etc. Everything but boots - they get their own forum.
Evergreen
Replant Forums Highballer

BAP Equipment

Post by Evergreen »

Does anyone have any feedback about a New Brunswick company called BAP Equipment? They sent the ad below today. I'm wondering if their planting bags are worth buying. They are cheaper than what I see in B.C.

Tree Planting Pre-Season Notice

It’s Never too soon to think about Tree Planting Season!!!

Our Company BAP Equipment Ltd., located in Fredericton, N.B., have been manufacturing Tree Planting Harnesses, Bags and Tarps for the past 15 years .These products are 100% Canadian Made !!! and we stand behind them 100%.

Click on the link below for details plus our complete line of Tree Planting Gear.

As a Season Special we are offering our top of the line "Outback" Tree Planting Harnesses and 3-Bag System for $62.00 (regular price $69.95)

If you have any questions or would like to place an order, Call 1-800-561-3600 or email info@bapequipment.com

Our complete product line can be seen at http://www.bapequipment.com

Have a good Planting Season.

http://www.bapequipment.com/TreePlanting.pdf
BAP Bags.jpg
BAP Bags.jpg (23.55 KiB) Viewed 2058 times
jdtesluk
Replant Forums Highballer

Re: BAP Equipment

Post by jdtesluk »

Hard to say without examining the stitching and material thickness. The bags do look fairly deep though, which is crucial for large stock and mixed bags. The bags look a lot like similar models seen here, so I am curious if they actually make the bags or get them from someone else.
That waist pad looks pretty wimpy though. I find the little 3-piece waist straps have a tendency to migrate, and one pad inevitably seems to ride above the waist and make your run miserable. This, of course, is very easy to fix by replacing the waist pad with something burlier- which can only be done if the pads are removeable (like on velcro). Not sure if the bags offer that option.
If so, a backpack waist pad is the way to go. A good stiff one will not migrate and will make the load feel lighter and help keep it balanced. You can attach the "hook-side" of the velcro to the waist pad by fabric-glue (or freesole). Just apply to both surfaces, wait until its "tacky", and then tightly wrap the pad in flagging tape to hold the velcor strip in place. Wait a day or two until the adhesive is cured, remove the flagging tape, and your waist pad is ready to slap onto your bags. I did this with an Arcteryx waist pad, and it gave me 10 years of service.