2012 Public Bid Results

This forum is used to collect the results of some of the most popular threads, the annual bid results.
Scooter
Site Administrator

Re: 2012 Public Bid Results

Post by Scooter »

Cooter is being coy when it comes to responding directly to concerns about his employer.
Guilty, as charged. Although I'm also not afraid to speak my mind at the office when I think there are ways of improving things. Thankfully, they listen.
Free download of "Step By Step" training book: www.replant.ca/digitaldownloads
Personal Email: jonathan.scooter.clark@gmail.com

Sponsor Tree Planting: www.replant-environmental.ca
(to build community forests, not to be turned into 2x4's and toilet paper)
clay
Regular Contributor

Post by clay »

Tnalp wrote:As an aside Bdog there is a job coming up for tender tomorrow where the lowest bid will probably do OK! The lowest bid , EVEN if the second or 3rd bidder is $$$ way beyond does not mean everything all the time. Things need to be taken in context sometimes.
what is this??
did you put on your contractor hat and low-ball the snot out of BCTS haida gwaii or what?
and are you just trying to soften the blow a little before the results come out??
sorta sounds like you're trying to pre-fabricate some justifications here!!!

no matter, i'm sure brink-mart and osprey-corp. will take care of things just fine on their own...
you'd be hard-pressed to low-ball them!
Tnalp
Replant Forums Highballer

Post by Tnalp »

Clay, No prefabrication or whatever?? just repeating my thoughts on the issue that the price paid to the planter is top of the list and being the low baller bid is not inherently evil!! I did not put a bid in for this job! Way beyond my limited capabilities.

Anyway your suggestion that Osprey or Brinkie would take care of things was off!! The dirty bird was underbid. In my mind there was a missed opportunity here. But what the fuck do i know!!!
mwainwright

Post by mwainwright »

Here's a good one:

BR13TDE001 - Manual Brushing, Dawson Creek
Vasile Mihis (Mihis Silviculture Contracting) $32,095.50
Spectrum Resource Group $79,063.00

I think the job was around 65 ha
Mike

Post by Mike »

I am working for Dynamic right now, which gives me an interesting perspective on those bids that they were getting blased for, Coaster. Expect a typical company review in January/February; haven't seen the BCTS Houston or BCTS McKenzie work yet, but you'll hear how it goes.
All of my company reviews and experience (The Planting Company, Windfirm, ELF, Folklore, Dynamic, Timberline, Eric Boyd, Wagner, Little Smokey, Leader, plus my lists for summer work and coastal) can be found at the start of the Folklore review due to URL and character limits.

Folklore, 2011: http://tinyurl.com/anl6mkd
kootenaywrx
Regular Contributor

Post by kootenaywrx »

mwainwright wrote:Here's a good one:

BR13TDE001 - Manual Brushing, Dawson Creek
Vasile Mihis (Mihis Silviculture Contracting) $32,095.50
Spectrum Resource Group $79,063.00

I think the job was around 65 ha

Ouch!