Staff handle

Where to get it, supplier contact information and websites, questions & suggestions, etc. Everything but boots - they get their own forum.
marbles
Starting to Post

Staff handle

Post by marbles »

I've been using a staff for over six seasons now and I've often just bought the wooden ones you find at hardware stores and cut them to the right length. I did however find a nice Bushpro that I use full length and I've been using off and on for the last 3 years. This year I switched off the old modified kickerless Bushpro blade (from my rookie season) for the asymmetric 10 inch workwizer which I find to be a good combo. (except that massive kicker sometimes gets hung up on slash, but I have a new remedy for that)

I know there aren't a lot of staff planters out there any more. (I got called a dinosaur the other day) I was wondering if anyone has tried the workwizer staff handle. It shows on their site that it is made aluminum which I would think is to make it light weight but isn't the weight of the staff kind of the point to using one?

So if any one has any personally suited configurations or feed back or questions feel free to ask or post away.
East
Replant Forums Highballer

Re: Staff handle

Post by East »

Do you use a staff handle all season or switch back and forth from D-handle to staff, depending on the land?
bdbrown
Regular Contributor

Re: Staff handle

Post by bdbrown »

take better part of a foot off the bushpro handle.. take it off the bottom though, and reshape it to fit the blade properly..

i've been experimenting with oval staff handles to get more twisting force in the equations..

also, what he said.. plant left and right handed, with a staff, and a d-handle, intermittently, depending on conditions.. investments pay off..