free flagging tape (campbell river, b.c.)

Where to get it, supplier contact information and websites, questions & suggestions, etc. Everything but boots - they get their own forum.
puppywolverine
Regular Contributor

free flagging tape (campbell river, b.c.)

Post by puppywolverine »

Sampson has a grocery bag full of unused flagging tape rolls sitting here in the motel room. Puppy Wolverine is a wannabe Buddhist always trying to simplify his simple life. greyhound it up..yo pups yo pups!!!

so.....if you are anywhere near Campbell river, British Columbia and need some flagger contact: puppywolverine@gmail.com.

while we are here... pups needs a job planting or spacing soon...shovel or chainsaw Puppy Wolverine protected forever

Michael Sampson

this public service message has been brought to you by alberta pure vodka.
PlantinTaders
Regular Contributor

Re: free flagging tape (campbell river, b.c.)

Post by PlantinTaders »

I'll take it.

As to the work I can talk to my boss(s). We're delayed by snow for a while still though.

Just emailed you.
Onterrible? Albertarded.
Evergreen
Replant Forums Highballer

Post by Evergreen »

puppywolverine wrote:Sampson has a grocery bag full of unused flagging tape rolls sitting here in the motel room. Puppy Wolverine is a wannabe Buddhist always trying to simplify his simple life. greyhound it up..yo pups yo pups!!!

so.....if you are anywhere near Campbell river, British Columbia and need some flagger contact: puppywolverine@gmail.com.

while we are here... pups needs a job planting or spacing soon...shovel or chainsaw Puppy Wolverine protected forever

Michael Sampson
Michael - might that be mine? Since you planted last year with us, I'm just guessing. I'd be happy to drop by and pick it up if it is.

Dave - egn@netidea.com
PlantinTaders
Regular Contributor

Post by PlantinTaders »

Hands off Dave!

I plan on hoarding this tape and rationing it out to your planters when the blue has run out and we are down to using green and teal again.
Onterrible? Albertarded.
Scooter
Site Administrator

Post by Scooter »

Hard times have fallen upon the industry, when company owners and veteran planters are fighting over a dirty bag of fourteen rolls of wet, dirty, stinky, unraveled plastic. Oh, the humanity.
Free download of "Step By Step" training book: www.replant.ca/digitaldownloads
Personal Email: jonathan.scooter.clark@gmail.com

Sponsor Tree Planting: www.replant-environmental.ca
(to build community forests, not to be turned into 2x4's and toilet paper)
PlantinTaders
Regular Contributor

Post by PlantinTaders »

Finding that bag in a folklore camp would be like hitting the jackpot big time.
Onterrible? Albertarded.
Scooter
Site Administrator

Post by Scooter »

Several years ago, yes. We actually have lots of flagging tape these days. They buy it for us by the pallet. I still haven't been able to convince them to buy us a pool table though. Baby steps.
Free download of "Step By Step" training book: www.replant.ca/digitaldownloads
Personal Email: jonathan.scooter.clark@gmail.com

Sponsor Tree Planting: www.replant-environmental.ca
(to build community forests, not to be turned into 2x4's and toilet paper)
PlantinTaders
Regular Contributor

Post by PlantinTaders »

Although I found Folklore to definitely be more stingy when it came to flagging then the small handful of other companies I've planted for, it was never that hard to find. I just had to work a little harder to procure it, and be more conservative using it. The "flagging is always unnecessary" mindset among planters seemed to be found mostly among the old guard, and seemed to (hopefully) be on its way out.

Its probably due to that experience that I now hoard flag like a famine survivor might hoard food, and can usually produce a log or two of blue on any given day if my truck/cache runs out.

p.s. good luck with the pool table. I hope it works out better than the film projector. I'd prefer to just see money going into tree prices, but I guess every company works its own angles.
Onterrible? Albertarded.
Evergreen
Replant Forums Highballer

Post by Evergreen »

Scooter wrote:Hard times have fallen upon the industry, when company owners and veteran planters are fighting over a dirty bag of fourteen rolls of wet, dirty, stinky, unraveled plastic. Oh, the humanity.
Hah you ain't seen nothin yet. I'm offering all planters who come over to the dark side 50 cents a roll for every roll they've hoarded from anyone else. We're irradiating all of our rolls from now on, so we can identify them. By the way I can fit 100 rolls in my shopping bag.
Aeryk
Regular Contributor

Post by Aeryk »

As a survivor of the great folklore flagging drought myself I completly understand the haording mentality cleaning out my bags last week I discovered my back bag to be overflowing with half rolls. must hav been adding a good 6 or 7 pounds to my bags by the end of the season
Alas! how little does the memory of these human inhabitants enhance the beauty of the landscape
CampMeeting
Regular Contributor

Post by CampMeeting »

puppywolverine wrote:Sampson has a grocery bag full of unused flagging tape rolls sitting here in the motel room. Puppy Wolverine is a wannabe Buddhist always trying to simplify his simple life. greyhound it up..yo pups yo pups!!!

Michael Sampson

this public service message has been brought to you by alberta pure vodka.
Did you, by chance, purchase this grocery bag full of $1/roll flagging tape?