Hoffman Caulks

And that's what I'm gonna do. Wait, sorry, I got distracted. Everyone talks about boots, so they get their own special forum.
twitch
Regular Contributor

Hoffman Caulks

Post by twitch »

Hey,

Just wondering if anyone out there has experience with Hoffman Caulks,

anyone have experience using these in the interior? I know they're great for coastal, just wondering if the boot would be decent in faster land. I'm assuming they come pretty stiff, but wondering if they break in and get nice and flexible and comfortable,

any info helps!

http://www.hoffmanboots.com/ProductInfo ... tid=FALLER
dirtpenetrator
Regular Contributor

Re: Hoffman Caulks

Post by dirtpenetrator »

I just bought the Hoffman resoled Meindl Canada 3000 caulks

http://www.hoffmanboots.com/ProductInfo ... GER%20CALK

I guess I'm kind of wondering the same thing. I've always wanted boots with better ankle support and lots of my friends have recommended caulks, so I bought these, but I will also be working on faster land than coastal, so I'm wondering if it's overkill.
Aeryk
Regular Contributor

Post by Aeryk »

Little off topic but did you order them online or fine a BC reseller? Heard there fantastic
Alas! how little does the memory of these human inhabitants enhance the beauty of the landscape
dirtpenetrator
Regular Contributor

Post by dirtpenetrator »

I ordered online, a half size small. I asked the people from Hoffman a lot of questions before buying them. Hoffman customer service is very good.
dkarvas
Starting to Post

Post by dkarvas »

How do these compare to the vibergs?
retrovertigo
Replant Forums Highballer

Post by retrovertigo »

They're not on the same level as Vibergs, unless they've drastically upped their quality. Couple of years ago a group of people on my coastal crew were needing new boots so they called these guys and worked out a discount for a bulk order, had them shipped to one guy's dad living in Oregon (at the time they didn't ship to CA, maybe that's changed) and he express shipped them to our motel on the Sunshine Coast. When we met up again in the fall they were all griping how they were starting to wear down, and the following spring they were all wearing new boots.

Not to say that they are bad boots - durability wise they're about on par with Vikings, but more comfortable/better ankle support, and nicer looking (which, I know, shouldn't matter, but planting has made me a bit of a boot fetishist, despite the fact that all I do is systematically destroy them).

And of course, all of this was just my secondhand experience with a few pairs; perhaps they just got a bad batch..
mwainwright
Replant Forums Highballer

Post by mwainwright »

in my experience its the other way around. the quality of the vibergs have deteriorated so much that i can barely get 100 days out of them. i switched to the equivalent model from hoffman, and am never going back. they are now what the vibergs used to be.
peroxide
Regular Contributor

Post by peroxide »

Has anyone on here worn their rubber caulks? How do they compare with the leather?