BBC Show on planters

Post links to other useful sites and videos, planting or forestry or otherwise. Visible to unregistered users.
jdtesluk
Replant Forums Highballer

BBC Show on planters

Post by jdtesluk »

Not sure if this has already been posted. However, it should make for an hour of excellent entertainment once it airs:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b05p9pls

Probably a lot of things we have all already seen and lived, but with much better production value. I can't make out the whole truck plate, but I think it says "B&A" so perhaps Brinkman and Associates?
Slowsis
Regular Contributor

Re: BBC Show on planters

Post by Slowsis »

Yeah it's a Brinkman camp. Dawn Brinkman's camp to be specific. I know a few of these peeps pretty well, can't wait until the full episode airs.
retrovertigo

Post by retrovertigo »

haha Shelby!

so it looks like the full episode will be online the 31st?
Scooter
Site Administrator

Post by Scooter »

I don't want to post a direct link because posting torrent links can cause all kinds of flags in my hosting ISP, but if you're looking to watch this show, you can either go to the BBC site with IP cloaking software that makes it appear that you're watching from the UK, or do a google search on the following phrase:

world's toughest jobs canadian forestry torrent

It should come up as the top result in google, and then you can just download it with whatever torrent software you're using.

Even better, here's a YouTube link. I'm not sure if it's posted by an official affiliate of the BBC, so if not, it might get taken down eventually. But at the moment, all the old episodes from earlier in the series are still available, so it looks promising that it might stay online:

Free download of "Step By Step" training book: www.replant.ca/digitaldownloads
Personal Email: jonathan.scooter.clark@gmail.com

Sponsor Tree Planting: www.replant-environmental.ca
(to build community forests, not to be turned into 2x4's and toilet paper)
Scooter
Site Administrator

Post by Scooter »

On March 29th and 30th combined, an average of 3.24% of visitors to the main Replant site were from Britain. On March 31st and April 1st, there was a fairly large traffic surge (four times regular visits) and 61.64% of visitors were from Britain.

That's all. Nothing prophetic to add. I'd enjoy some fish and chips right now.
Free download of "Step By Step" training book: www.replant.ca/digitaldownloads
Personal Email: jonathan.scooter.clark@gmail.com

Sponsor Tree Planting: www.replant-environmental.ca
(to build community forests, not to be turned into 2x4's and toilet paper)
Mike

Post by Mike »

Here's BBCs Job Profile for planting:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/article ... ing-canada

They mention replant.ca
All of my company reviews and experience (The Planting Company, Windfirm, ELF, Folklore, Dynamic, Timberline, Eric Boyd, Wagner, Little Smokey, Leader, plus my lists for summer work and coastal) can be found at the start of the Folklore review due to URL and character limits.

Folklore, 2011: http://tinyurl.com/anl6mkd