Safety Tip - Handiwipes for Truck Headlights

This one is pretty self-explanatory. This part of the forums is specifically intended to collect health, safety, training, and related information. Unsafe Is Unacceptable.
Scooter
Site Administrator

Safety Tip - Handiwipes for Truck Headlights

Post by Scooter »

I think this was probably my best discovery of 2015. This year, I kept a container of wet handiwipes in my truck. Any time that dusk was approaching, if I needed to be driving, I'd stop my truck and check the headlights. If they were dirty, it only took two minutes to wash them using a pair of handiwipes, or occasionally three for really dirty headlights. This made driving at night SO much easier and safer.

Also, on a side note, when I got out of the coast in the fall and started driving for viewing, I was instantly doing a lot of night driving. I thought that I had gone almost blind over the summer, because I could barely see to drive at night, and I didn't feel comfortable going more than 80 km/hr most of the time. After three nights of that, I checked the internet to see if there was anything I could do or take to improve night vision. Everything I saw said to take Vitamin A. I bought a container the next day and started eating six pills a day. Within three more days, I could suddenly see really well at night again (especially with clean headlights). So not surprisingly, it looked like I was low on Vitamin A at the end of the fall coastal season. Probably a bunch of other vitamins too, although I try to eat a pretty good variety of meat, vegetables, and carbs. If you're feeling blind at night, consider trying this solution.
Free download of "Step By Step" training book: www.replant.ca/digitaldownloads
Personal Email: jonathan.scooter.clark@gmail.com

Sponsor Tree Planting: www.replant-environmental.ca
(to build community forests, not to be turned into 2x4's and toilet paper)
Almaguin
Regular Contributor

Re: Safety Tip - Handiwipes for Truck Headlights

Post by Almaguin »

Excellent idea Scooter, thanks. I guess I can lay off the carrots for a while now....