Seed collectors in the western Ontario region?

A forum for discussion about various silviculture companies. No defamation please!
sgbotsford
Regular Contributor

Seed collectors in the western Ontario region?

Post by sgbotsford »

I'm looking for seed collectors in western Ontario/ northern Ontario, SE manitoba, northern Minnisota area.
Algonquin park is another option, as it's far enough north to be away from the lake effect.

I'm looking for sugar maple and red maple, and any oaks native to zone 2-3 areas, near the western edge of the Canadian Shield.

There is a guy on this site, 'newforest' who collects seed, but he has not been active for some time, and has not responded to my PMs

Collectors can get ahold of me directly at sgbotsford@gmail.com
Regards,

Sherwood of Sherwood's Forests
http://sherwoods-forests.com
newforest
Replant Forums Highballer

Re: Seed collectors in the western Ontario region?

Post by newforest »

Hello, I think my outgoing PM might not be working right ... I will be in touch.

Anyhow, I will be collecting all year. Processed and shipped clean Populus tremuloides seed earlier this week, brought home a set of Populus grandidentata branches tonight. Still trying to wrap up planting season simultaneously.

I am working on becoming a dealer in tree seed; to be more than just a collector I want to develop an inventory in frozen storage, for sale in years with no seed crop on a species.

Seed collecting is my favorite job, it goes well with a career in Silviculture.