BushPro Hiballer

Where to get it, supplier contact information and websites, questions & suggestions, etc. Everything but boots - they get their own forum.
CreamDolphin
Regular Contributor

BushPro Hiballer

Post by CreamDolphin »

Anyone have experience with these? I recently aquired one with the blade thinned and one kicker removed. I plan on sharpening it and using it as a cream spoon. Any input?
jdtesluk
Replant Forums Highballer

Re: BushPro Hiballer

Post by jdtesluk »

I suggest that going between a "highballer" vs a speed spade should consider hand-size. If you have big ape-mitts, then the wider blade is good, whereas the speed spade is better suited for smaller dainty pianist hands.

Too big of a hole, and you'll work too hard to close it. Too small, and you'll wrangle your fingers trying to jam the tree in.

Personally, I'm not a fan of the old-school standard d-handles. I find the handle too fat, and it makes my hand work too hard to hold onto it. There was a popular handle past few years, orange and blue, with slightly rounded corners. It had a more slender handle section (part you grip at the top) with a different shape. Instead of being like gripping a perfect tubular shape, it was like gripping something more oval, and thus more ergonomically suited to the hand. The rubber coating around the grip was a bit weak, but the shape was right.

One kicker removed....definitely. That's a personal choice, but I prefer the kicker left on the shovel hand side (not the tree hand side).

I actually see Workwizer has a "preseason" sale on right now.....bags and shovel starting at $100 (more for larger sizes). Seems a limited shovel size though.