A great belt for small people and bigger ones too

Where to get it, supplier contact information and websites, questions & suggestions, etc. Everything but boots - they get their own forum.
rice and beans
Starting to Post

A great belt for small people and bigger ones too

Post by rice and beans »

Hey, I posted my belt for sale (sold) on KKRF and got an overwhelming amount of replies asking how to make it. I thought I'd cross reference a guide here.

Are you a smaller sized planter who wishes to have the most comfortable bags that do not ever slip down? Are you looking to get rid of those shoulder straps that hurt your back? Are you tired of sweat building up in your stinky bushpro foam pads? Do you wish your bags got more attention and flattering remarks from other planters?

Time to get on horse level and buy this awesome waist belt that has been used only for half a day. It even comes with the hardware to turn your set of bags into the most magical item you'll ever wear. You wont even want to take em off to party.

These pads are great as they are very conforming to the shape of your body while keeping the bags closer to your body so it pulls down straight rather than twist the nylon belt.

Here's how:

-The belt is a horse cinch made by the brand Weaver. The model is Roper Airflex. Make sure its the Roper and not the straight.

They are made in sizes 28 to 34 (and maybe more). These sizes are (surprisingly) rather representative of a human size.. So if you wear 30 size pants get the 30 etc. 28 will fit people with a waist of 28 to 22 (very slim/small people)

-You will also need a nylon horse saddle strap. They come in different sizes (normally the smallest will do) and have pre-made holes in them.

You can buy these cinch and straps in Feed stores all over. The cariboo region has a lot, but not all carry this brand. Better call first. I know the one in 100milehouse and the red barn in Kamloops have them usually. They will laugh when you tell them your intentions.

Finally, you will need hardware, which is round head 1 inch long machine screws and corresponding nuts. Hex bolts that come with the Bushpro bags will create discomfort trough the pads so they are not used. Use the washers from the old belt.

You assemble everything together by making hoses trough the nylon part of the belt but not the cushion (which is velcro backed) and putting your buckets on. For very small people, size 28 belt, you will want to have only 4 holes on the belt and attach your middle bag to the two side/tree bags.

Hopefully this helps some people feel more comfortable planting trees.

SHiMAZO
Starting to Post

Re: A great belt for small people and bigger ones too

Post by SHiMAZO »

Really like this idea!! Might give it a shot for this season