A Couple of Books

Here's the best place to ask specific questions.
Scooter
Site Administrator

A Couple of Books

Post by Scooter »

One of my goals from the past several years is to publish a few different planting books. The most important three books are finally all available online now.

Rite Of Passage
This one is a photo book based upon summer work in a mobile tent camp. There are hardcover and softcover editions available. More information can be found here:
www.replant.ca/riteofpassage

From Our Forests, Giant Footsteps Grow
This one is a photo book based upon coastal planting. There are hardcover and softcover editions available. More information can be found here:
www.replant.ca/fromourfootsteps

Step By Step
This one basically a training book. This year's edition has literally turned into a full textbook. Quite a few companies have picked up on the content of this one recently, and are recommending it for all first-year plnaters. In fact, a number of companies have been buying copies for all of their foremen and checkers.
www.replant.ca/stepbystep

Thanks for your interest in these books.
Free download of "Step By Step" training book: www.replant.ca/digitaldownloads
Personal Email: jonathan.scooter.clark@gmail.com

Sponsor Tree Planting: www.replant-environmental.ca
(to build community forests, not to be turned into 2x4's and toilet paper)
Scooter
Site Administrator

Re: A Couple of Books

Post by Scooter »

I'd like to thank the planting community for their widespread support of my "Step By Step" training textbook. The 500th copy just shipped from Amazon this morning.

Scooter
Site Administrator

Post by Scooter »

The 2020 editions of Step By Step are now available on Amazon. Links here: www.replant.ca/stepbystep
Attachments
Step By Step 2020 Cover, Colour (Front & Back).jpg
Step By Step 2020 Cover, Colour (Front & Back).jpg (587.29 KiB) Viewed 5119 times

Scooter
Site Administrator

Post by Scooter »

A new development!

At the recent WFCA Conference, I was talking to several long-standing WFCA members (planting company owners) who offered to provide the financial support to create a digital version of "Step By Step," in order to facilitate wider distribution. We are currently working on that project. Our ultimate goal is to make this publication available free of charge to all planters.

The process is complicated. Obviously, we'd like to offer the digital download on several platforms. Amazon represents a huge chunk of the digital market, so that's an obvious choice. I'd also offer the downloads from this website and hopefully from the Google Play store. A drawback is that Amazon currently won't let me price the book under $2.99 unless they get exclusive distribution, and their recognition algorithms are allegedly good enough that if I try to offer the same book at no charge from my own website, they'll discover it within hours. However, I may be able to circumvent this by setting up a Google Books author account, offering it for free there, and then trying to force Amazon to do a price match. This is an evolving situation right now.

I'd like to thank Blue Collar, Folklore, Leader, Summit, and Zanzibar for their support for making this happen. I'll be sharing more information here within a few days or weeks. In the meantime, the $2.99 Kindle version is now available on Amazon, which is much more cost-effective than buying a print edition. Apologies to anyone who bought a print edition recently at full price - I didn't know this development was coming. Here's a link to the digital edition on Amazon Canada:

http://www.amazon.ca/dp/B084M6QLQP

So if you're impatient, you can buy it now for $2.99. If you want to save even more money, give me another week or so to figure out how to offer free downloads.

_I3^RELATIVISM
Replant Forums Highballer

Post by _I3^RELATIVISM »

that is great! Cheers for your contributions.
CRITICAL THINKING WITHOUT HOPE IS CYNICAL, AND HOPE WITHOUT CRITICAL THINKING IS NAÏVE
Scooter
Site Administrator

Post by Scooter »

Thanks. The book seems to have been pretty popular so far. I can't remember the exact numbers, but I think in total it has shipped over 700 print copies over the past three years, and the various digital editions had been downloaded more than a thousand times when I checked several months ago.

Scooter
Site Administrator

Post by Scooter »

2023 edition now available: www.replant.ca/stepbystep.html
Attachments
2023 Cover, Step By Step Colour, 900px.jpg
2023 Cover, Step By Step Colour, 900px.jpg (547.13 KiB) Viewed 3003 times