Planter shortage: CBC News

Gossip, rumours, and random thoughts. Imagine 1000+ people sitting around a campfire: planters, foremen, owners, and foresters. Add kegs. Now imagine the chaos.
Mike
Replant Forums Highballer

Planter shortage: CBC News

Post by Mike »

All of my company reviews and experience (The Planting Company, Windfirm, ELF, Folklore, Dynamic, Timberline, Eric Boyd, Wagner, Little Smokey, Leader, plus my lists for summer work and coastal) can be found at the start of the Folklore review due to URL and character limits.

Folklore, 2011: http://tinyurl.com/anl6mkd
jdtesluk

Re: Planter shortage: CBC News

Post by jdtesluk »

Good article. Just don't read the comments. The the idiot masses want to engage in political trolling or insult the younger generation instead of having any type of a discussion about forestry, industry, climate change, and the job market.
Scooter
Site Administrator

Post by Scooter »

The world would be a better place if Comment Sections were banned from Canadian news websites.

Edit: Oh, the irony.
Free download of "Step By Step" training book: www.replant.ca/digitaldownloads
Personal Email: jonathan.scooter.clark@gmail.com

Sponsor Tree Planting: www.replant-environmental.ca
(to build community forests, not to be turned into 2x4's and toilet paper)
RPF

Post by RPF »

I agree. The article is well written.
However, many of the comments are obviously written by people who have absolutely no clue about the forest industry. It seems those trolls (or whatever these types of people are referred to on social media) are s*^* disturbers with nothing better to do with their time than confuse and mislead readers. Unfortunately many people will read those comments and agree with them, hence perpetuating the "myth". I think the forest industry as a whole needs to stand up and educate the masses. How we do that, I don't know - I'll leave that up to someone much smarter than I.
jdtesluk

Post by jdtesluk »

I suggested on KKRF that planters post on the site how many years planting, how many trees planted, and how it affected their lives. I see lots of people chimed in. I think it helps when the workers actually speak up and answer the people that don't know s**t. It was nice to see some folks chime in positively.
Scooter
Site Administrator

Post by Scooter »

Here's another article, in Narcity:

https://www.narcity.com/money/ca/bc/bc- ... nce-needed?
Free download of "Step By Step" training book: www.replant.ca/digitaldownloads
Personal Email: jonathan.scooter.clark@gmail.com

Sponsor Tree Planting: www.replant-environmental.ca
(to build community forests, not to be turned into 2x4's and toilet paper)
_I3^RELATIVISM

Post by _I3^RELATIVISM »

jdtesluk that is why I think this forum is so important. So much useful information here, and not much nonsense. Not the biggest fan of facebook business model though.
CRITICAL THINKING WITHOUT HOPE IS CYNICAL, AND HOPE WITHOUT CRITICAL THINKING IS NAÏVE