Your 2020 Season

Gossip, rumours, and random thoughts. Imagine 1000+ people sitting around a campfire: planters, foremen, owners, and foresters. Add kegs. Now imagine the chaos.
jdtesluk
Replant Forums Highballer

Your 2020 Season

Post by jdtesluk »

I am interested in hearing how the season went for planters. I know the Replant crowd tends toward more experienced vets, and your observations often yield more insight.

Our industry was really put to the test, and we had to adapt on the fly under intense time pressure and imperfect conditions. The COVID management plans that were created were not perfect by any means and they did create some significant challenges to both logistics and personal comfort. However, we were forced out on a limb and handed a saw, and basically told to go to work by Govt and Licensees, so the management plans we adopted were the best solution we could develop at the time, and under the requirements handed down by WSBC and health authorities.

So, tell me, what kinds of things did you learn about the industry in terms of its ability to manage the risk of COVID (or any illness)?
What kinds of things were most difficult for you this year?
What kinds of things surprised you?
What kinds of things worked well for you?

The chances are that the industry will be operating under some type of COVID management plan in 2021, and anything we can learn from and improve upon from this year may be very helpful. I appreciate any input that can be offered, and will do my best to bring it bear on the planning that occurs as we move forward.
Cheers, Jordan Tesluk BC Forestry Safety Advocate
_I3^RELATIVISM
Replant Forums Highballer

Re: Your 2020 Season

Post by _I3^RELATIVISM »

Unfortunately couldn't be part of it mostly stayed in Europe and did some smaller self-arranged contracts, so I gess was a more relax season, not that experienced though.
CRITICAL THINKING WITHOUT HOPE IS CYNICAL, AND HOPE WITHOUT CRITICAL THINKING IS NAÏVE