Chemical brushing

Gossip, rumours, and random thoughts. Imagine 1000+ people sitting around a campfire: planters, foremen, owners, and foresters. Add kegs. Now imagine the chaos.
jdtesluk
Replant Forums Highballer

Chemical brushing

Post by jdtesluk »

Interesting article. Certainly has implications for the manual brushing market.

https://vancouversun.com/news/canfor-pl ... ng-forests
_I3^RELATIVISM

Re: Chemical brushing

Post by _I3^RELATIVISM »

Is a bit strange the lack of regulation on such usage in North America the consequences for the water basin, are definitely concerning. Hopefully in 15 years such will no longer be in use.
CRITICAL THINKING WITHOUT HOPE IS CYNICAL, AND HOPE WITHOUT CRITICAL THINKING IS NAÏVE
newforest

Re: Chemical brushing

Post by newforest »

I did several days of “hack-and-squirt” release of Oaks once. That entails wacking a machete into the bark and then spritzing some chemical into the cut being held open by the machete blade. Sounds nice and cleanly elegant with no backpack load of chemical sloshing around, and no drifting aerosolized chem either. Just a regular hand-held spray bottle and some rubber gloves, right?

But as it turns out, the machete blade gets coated in chemical and then when you WHACK into the next needed cut (4/tree), SPLAT goes the little droplets of chemical in all directions.

After that one I would rather just inhale chainsaw exhaust all day.