2024 PLanting

Here's the best place to ask specific questions.
Cyper
Replant Forums Highballer

2024 PLanting

Post by Cyper »

It's time for contractors to start thinking about 2024 planting. It may seem a bit early but it won't be long until contract tenders start getting advertised. Is it possible that contractors will learn from their overly optimistic bidding for 2023? I heard there were quite a few failures this spring. A number of contractors had taken on too much work and couldn't find enough planters to complete on time. I suppose that means that the contractors may be barred from bidding in those areas where they didn't complete.

The WFCA "Summit" is coming up in about a month where contractors will get together to discuss what 2024 is going to look like. They'll probably talk a bunch about raising bids but sometimes those are just words. With inflation roaring along and minimum wages going up, you'd think prices would have to follow suit.

Surely 2023 must have taught contractors that in order to attract people, they'll have to offer better wages and working conditions. Perhaps there just won't be that inexhaustible stock of rookie college students to fill up crews. Even if there are still lots of students looking for work, they will need to earn more than ever to keep up with accommodation and food costs.

Here's hoping the contractors get smart about this for 2024!
Scooter
Site Administrator

Re: 2024 PLanting

Post by Scooter »

I heard there were quite a few failures this spring.
And summer.
Free download of "Step By Step" training book: www.replant.ca/digitaldownloads
Personal Email: jonathan.scooter.clark@gmail.com

Sponsor Tree Planting: www.replant-environmental.ca
(to build community forests, not to be turned into 2x4's and toilet paper)