Who's planting in August?

Here's the best place to ask specific questions.
Slash Monkey
Replant Forums Highballer

Who's planting in August?

Post by Slash Monkey »

does anyone know of any companies planting in the month of August in BC or Alberta.

Thanks.
Scooter
Site Administrator

August

Post by Scooter »

I'm hoping to be done on August 3rd - I've got 1.1 million trees to go with eight days left, so it's going to be a tough week and a half ahead. Four on, one off, four on.

I know of work in Ontario, but not anything guaranteed in BC/Alberta. I know of a couple companies who may have tough contracts that carry them into the early or middle parts of the month, but that's about it (The Planting Company, Northern, both maybes, no guarantee that their work would last that long, and I don't know if either would actually hire more people at this point, because they may be trying to keep their seasons long for their own planters). There is some coastal planting in September, but that would also be tough to get on.

Not a lot of people around this end of the country plant trees in August, if they can help it. It's a shame ... I'd quickly work for another month.
Free download of "Step By Step" training book: www.replant.ca/digitaldownloads
Personal Email: jonathan.scooter.clark@gmail.com

Sponsor Tree Planting: www.replant-environmental.ca
(to build community forests, not to be turned into 2x4's and toilet paper)
Scooter
Site Administrator

Post by Scooter »

By the way, if you know of any companies that definitely are (or are NOT) planting in August, post here to save others from making as many phone calls. For starters, I can confirm that Folklore has no planting in August, so don't bother calling their office (I'll be the last camp working, most of the other camps finish in the next three or four days).

Jubei
Starting to Post

Post by Jubei »

there is this one for BC

Company: Timberline Reforestation Ltd
Name: Nick Brink
Date: 24-07-2006, 16:00
Email: timref@telus.net
Phone: 250-505-4362
Contact Instructions: e-mail or phone
Positions available: planting
Trying to fill 5 positions
Hiring Rookies? No
Comments: 3 weeks in Courtenay starting Sept. 5th.
Beach Resort cabins, cook for yourself. Some heli, mostly road access 2nd growth. Prices on the rise.

And ON

Company: Treeline Reforestation
Name: Erin
Date: 24-07-2006, 11:02
Email: eflichel@ntl.sympatico.ca
Phone: 705-642-3640
Contact Instructions: email
Positions available: tree planters - cook
Trying to fill 10 positions
Hiring Rookies? No
Comments: Fresh scarifiaction, 8 cents per tree, 1.5 million trees, begins August 7th in New Liskeard, bush camp so bring oyur sleeping bag and tent, $20.00 co-op per day.

posted on http://www.canadiantreeplanting.com

I would apply but they dont want new people : ( guess i got to wait till next year.
Scooter
Site Administrator

Post by Scooter »

I think that four of my planters are going to be working on that Treeline job in Ontario. A couple of them did it last year too. I'll try to find out more about it if I can.

Scooter
Site Administrator

Post by Scooter »

looking for planters
from Brian Langhelt ::

Hi everyone, I am looking for experienced tree planters for work in the Comox Vally starting around Aug.20th. We are a new company, Brian Adam's Contracting, formerly of Bivouac West Contracting. Both Adam and my self are commited to making this the best company around. Super organized, good prices, fair treatment, and good times are what we are all about. There is an up swing happing in the planting world and we plan the lead the way. If interested in joining our team please e-mail me at batlang1@yahoo.com.
Thanks!

mwainwright

Post by mwainwright »

i would say try the new guys, brian and adam. they know how its done.
Mike

Re: Who's planting in August?

Post by Mike »

Stumbled across this in a google search, laughed.
All of my company reviews and experience (The Planting Company, Windfirm, ELF, Folklore, Dynamic, Timberline, Eric Boyd, Wagner, Little Smokey, Leader, plus my lists for summer work and coastal) can be found at the start of the Folklore review due to URL and character limits.

Folklore, 2011: http://tinyurl.com/anl6mkd
mwainwright

Re:

Post by mwainwright »

mwainwright wrote:i would say try the new guys, brian and adam. they know how its done.
oh dear.
Tnalp

Post by Tnalp »

Mike are you going spacing inTerrace? Prices back to were they "should" be. Good to see.
Tupperfan

Post by Tupperfan »

I have about three shifts of August planting in leases, but I'm not hiring, even within the rest of the company, who are basically all done, or about to be. Actually reducing my camp to two 6-packs, which is a bitch, decision-wise, given the overall quality of my guys.

I saw a lot of Brinkman activity in Whitecourt about a week and a half ago, and then 20 minutes north of us on hwy 33, but I'd conjecture it was their last contract. Just a feeling...

There is indeed a few options in Ontario, but this season is not the most impressive across the board. And then there's Quebec with planting often going into the fall, but it's a different story...
TheHamsterizer

Post by TheHamsterizer »

Tupperfan wrote:I have about three shifts of August planting in leases, but I'm not hiring, even within the rest of the company, who are basically all done, or about to be. Actually reducing my camp to two 6-packs, which is a bitch, decision-wise, given the overall quality of my guys.

I saw a lot of Brinkman activity in Whitecourt about a week and a half ago, and then 20 minutes north of us on hwy 33, but I'd conjecture it was their last contract. Just a feeling...

There is indeed a few options in Ontario, but this season is not the most impressive across the board. And then there's Quebec with planting often going into the fall, but it's a different story...
So you're replying to a thread from 6 years ago to say that you aren't hiring? We get it, you're a part of an elite supercrew that nobody can get on. Cool story.
If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong
Mike

Post by Mike »

Actually, he probably didn't notice my 6 year bump for mainwright's amusement, just saw that there were new posts in the thread using the new posts function.
All of my company reviews and experience (The Planting Company, Windfirm, ELF, Folklore, Dynamic, Timberline, Eric Boyd, Wagner, Little Smokey, Leader, plus my lists for summer work and coastal) can be found at the start of the Folklore review due to URL and character limits.

Folklore, 2011: http://tinyurl.com/anl6mkd
Tupperfan

Post by Tupperfan »

TheHamsterizer wrote:
So you're replying to a thread from 6 years ago to say that you aren't hiring? We get it, you're a part of an elite supercrew that nobody can get on. Cool story.
In my outburst of elitism, that's exactly what I did. But I'm glad you understood the subtleties, and I've rightly been put back in my place. That said, I definitely didn't see the thread's age, you know, being busy not hiring and still taking care of supercrews.

Thanks for the compliment of coolness, though; I thought it was a decent story, at best.

Which leads me to my next point. It looks like you're getting back to your old self, which means you're happy again, Hammy! Can't say I wasn't worried you were getting burnt out, with those mild posts, recently...